Act 3 - Can I go between clusters?

More
21 years 5 months ago #17591 by Strider EB
I've just captured the jump accelerator and have had my base moved to Formalhaut. Is it possible for me to get back to the Badlands cluster? I just want to poke around and explore some of the parts I missed before I continue on w/ Act 3. I can't seem to just select a Badlands waypoint and hit autopilot. I get a message saying there is not L-point path, or something like that. Is there a way I can get back, or do I need to wait for the end of the game and use Freeform mode? Thanks for you help.

Oh, and this being my first post here, I just want to say hello to the community! This is a very good site.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3291 by Mehrunes
You have to preform a manual jump. Look down a bit in the list, there's a thread explaining how called 'Manual L-point jumps'.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3292 by Hotfoot

Originally posted by Mehrunes

You have to preform a manual jump. Look down a bit in the list, there's a thread explaining how called 'Manual L-point jumps'.

Sloppy, sloppy, Mehrunes. ;)

The man asked about Act 3, before having beaten the game, not Act 4, with the Free-form mode mod.

The short answer, Strider, is no. You can't jump back into the Badlands in Act 3, you're basically stuck in Formalhaut. You do, in fact, have to wait until you finish the game until you can explore both clusters, but as Mehrunes said, you've got to make the jump between cluster manually. Don't worry about it too much, just go back when you're done with the game. [|)]

More
21 years 5 months ago #3293 by Strider EB

Originally posted by Hotfoot

The man asked about Act 3, before having beaten the game, not Act 4, with the Free-form mode mod.

The short answer, Strider, is no. You can't jump back into the Badlands in Act 3, you're basically stuck in Formalhaut. You do, in fact, have to wait until you finish the game until you can explore both clusters, but as Mehrunes said, you've got to make the jump between cluster manually. Don't worry about it too much, just go back when you're done with the game. [|)]

Ahh, that explains it then. I had read the thread about manual L-jumps in Freeform mode and tried that procedure in Act 3 prior to posting my question, but to no avail. Well, no more banging my head against the wall, anyway. Thanks for the help guys, looking forward to freeform where I can go wherever I want.

Cheers!