Act 2 Mission 22: Wolfs Lair:

More
21 years 7 months ago #17559 by Buecken
I have a problem with this mission script running for finding the marauders base:

Iam starting from my home base and flying to St. George. Often i can get a distress call beforce i can get there. So i fly to the destination. After getting there, i see 2-4 marauders attacking some freighters.
I watch how the freighters go down and then go in formation with the marauders who will fly to the next lagrange point.

From there, i have to find out where they hyper to, with the hyperspace tracker.

Well i have the german version of this game, so i dond't know how to spell this special equipment correctly. I think some guys also called it capsule space tracker or something like that. Well, i had one of these marauders targeted and nothing happened after they disappered in the L-Point. I just saw how this sentence appeared in my left bottom corner: "Ship: Aussie hypered to Dainn I" or something like that.

Well, i know this Point is in Firefrost, but i can only jump to Square Rock. There is no L-Point called Dainn I.

I tried to track the marauders for about more then 10 times, but it didn't worked, and i have read all the walkthroughs, (english and german ones properly, and they didn't tell me any hind how i can manage to track them properly.

I also tried formating with the marauders and then jump with them to Dainn I together, but i often didn't worked. The mission script didn't run properly.

about several times i managed to get the mission script running, when i formated with them, but in most cases i failed in having any success.

I hope you can help me. (some told me i should restart the game, but i will not intend to do so, because i already spend a whole day in this mission)

PS: I have done SOme MCA missions, (Blockade runner, in Exile) and also the Oman test. But i never was in Eureka and i also didn't visited the Sheriff in FF)

I have a Patcom Plus with hyper space tracker software.

I hope you can help me, thx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2840 by Buecken
well, i found the problem: Formating with marauders to get to Dainn II from every L-Point is a bug. You can see them hypering there but the mission script only runs in Firefrost. :)

More
21 years 7 months ago #2843 by EricMan64
Yep, tracking marauders only really works when you start in FireFrost. The game hints that you need to start your search there when you find out that the megafreighter came from Hablich City, FireFrost.