Sub missions and patch 2

More
21 years 9 months ago #17455 by starcrabby
When I first played the game, I found that I could not compleate sub missions whitch requied me to pick up "Unknown Cargo". I read that there was a patch that would fix this. I installed the patch. But then I found that the sub missions dissapered compleatly. I contacted infogrames, and they said that they had removed the sub missions because they where unstable. I find it very hard to believe that they would remove over 30 sub missions. (I soppose that they might just could'nt be botherd to fix it).

Has anyone else had this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2278 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Sub missions and patch 2
Hi Starcrabby (hmmmm strange name, you must explain). Very few if any sub-missions were removed. I'm not entirely sure where Infogrames were coming from.

Suffice to say pre-patch or post, there are plenty of sub-missions (35 in total I believe). They are not main mission critical and you don't neccessarily get them all - some of them are very much randon.

When you get a sub-mission, unlike the main missions, time is critical, you can't always leave it for a later time. So if you are asked to do something - do it!

More
21 years 9 months ago #2284 by prophet
Replied by prophet on topic Sub missions and patch 2
Hello soupdragon, what do you mean by: you can't do sub missions at a later time, you mean you should do it immediately after reading it, but you can leave it there unread to read it and do it later; or will the sub-mission stop some time after receiving the email- weather unread or read?

More
21 years 9 months ago #2285 by starcrabby
Replied by starcrabby on topic Sub missions and patch 2
Befor I installed the patch I had done at least 3 sub missions befor the first stepsons story mission. Now I am on the first mission of ACT 2 and I have not had a single one.

And for those who are realy interested, my login is my nickname from school (crabby). With Star on the begining, to ive it a space theme.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2286 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Sub missions and patch 2
A lot of the sub missions require meeting someone or something. They don't hang around forever i.e. Big Jacks's Jewels: sometimes, if you don't act on it quickly enough the ship "prospector" won't be there.