Oman Tests : Courage (spoiler)

More
21 years 10 months ago #17433 by pwilcox
The only way I've been able to complete the Courage test is by sneaking up on the course with my tug and killing nearly all of the mine before starting - the 90 seconds of the trial does not seem to give enough time to lead off the mines far enough, come back for the pod, and take the pod back to the start point. Even killing off oall the mines first, just simply docking with the pod and returning left only about 10 seconds to spare. Has anybody been able to pass this test without cheating? Or is the courage part of it suposed to be facing the mines in person?

Pete

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 10 months ago #2195 by SoupDragon
From the FAQ of this site.

1. DONT go to the start waypoint!
2. Dock with the pod... easy because the mine are not activated yet.
3. Fly to the start waypoint and be congratulated for your courage.
4. Allow yourself a cunning chuckle he he.

Should really have been called Cunning :)

More
21 years 9 months ago #2225 by cathexis
I flew my adv. patcom close to the course start point, told my t-fighters to free fire, rem-linked with the tug, and started the mission. The self-defense module and the t-fighters delt with the mines in about 20 seconds (well, with a little aid from the pea-shooter on the tug).

Technically you're supposed to be able to draw off enough of the mines then loop around and snag the pod, but I think thats a load of dingo's kidneys

More
21 years 9 months ago #2258 by abraxis
I'd just finish this... spent a day just to figure it out!

1) Move to the waypoint
2) Move in on the mines, but stay out of the 5000m boundary so that the timer may nt be activated.
3) Use the LPB on the tug and shoot down the mines at your own time.
4) Move in and grab the pod once the mines are destroyed.

Sounds cheating doesn't it? ;)