Act 2 - Find the Marauder Base

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #17346 by Da1N_Br4m4g3D
Ok...I managed to discover the "hidden" L-Point and hide in the junk when the Corvettes and Freighter arrive, but when I try to get near the Freighter to use it for cover, I get noticed and then summarily handed me arse before being able to either A) defend myself or B) run like a dog with its tail between it's legs. Any help on how I might be able to complete this mission would be greatly appreciated. I can't for the life of me figger out what I am missing. Also, would the tug hiding in the junk have something to do with it, or is it just there to raise questions??

Thanks,

Dain

Oh and just so you know, my ship it fitted as follows:

Advanced Patcom

* Propulsion *
-> Injected Fusion Ring
* High-Yield Injector
* Reactor Auto-Repair
* Antimatter Power Pod (I dunno why I have no anti-matter weapons yet...LOL)
-> Sealed Heat-Sink
* Active Cooler
* Coolant Pod
-> Cold-Gas Thrusters
-> Basic Drive
-> LDS Class 3
-> Accumulators
-> Capsule Drive

* Offensive *
-> Docking Auto-Turrent (Disabled)
-> Rapid Fire PBC (x2)
-> Pulse-Acc PBC
-> Countermeasures
-> Quad Light PBC
-> Point Defence Turret
-> Navy Aggr Shield (ramming Destroyers is FUN!!)

* Defensive *
-> Combat LDA (x2)

* General *
-> Passive 3 Sensors
-> CPU Grade 2 (anyone know a good place to pick up avionics?)
* Memory Module
* Capsule Space Tracker
* Imaging Module
* Repair Expert System
* Drive Manager
* Self-Defence Module
-> Autorepair 4
-> Active 3 Sensors (disabled)
-> Signal Mask 1

* Ship Upgrades *
-> Hull Armour

* Turret Fighter *
-> T-Fighter 1
* Cryo PBC
* Deadshot Missile (x8)
-> T-Fighter 2
* Cryo PBC
* Deadshot Missile (x8)

If you have any suggestions for a better load-out for this mission let me know. Thanks.

Somtimes piracy doesn't require force...just a bit of luck and some good timing.

Edited by - Da1N_Br4m4g3D on 22 Apr 2002 18:47:27

Edited by - Da1N_Br4m4g3D on 22 Apr 2002 20:37:35

Somtimes piracy doesn't require force...just a bit of luck and some good timing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1393 by Pandion
I alway's waited until the freighter just passed me by then auto formated with it and never got noticed, and I've gone through the game about 4 times.

hope that helps.

Give it a good bang.....

See I told you that would fix it.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1396 by Da1N_Br4m4g3D
Thanks, I'll give it a shot...also I editied my previous post to include my ship loadout... if that prompts any other ideas please let me know.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1400 by Guerrilla Warfare
You don't really need any special kind of loadout, it's almost certain that you won't get noticed but if you do, all you really need is some basic weapons so you can take care of the marauder cutters. First time I tried this mission, I moved towards the transport and then auto-formated with it, the cutters noticed me and engaged me. I fired an LDSi missile at the transport so it wouldn't go into LDS and get away, took care of the cutters and then auto-formated with the transport again.
Second time I tried it I targetted the transport and auto-formated immediately, without using my thrusters to move towards it or anything and didn't get noticed.

--
Viva la revolucion!

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1406 by Da1N_Br4m4g3D
Thanks everyone for reading and replying...I got it completed :D

More
20 years 2 months ago #8949 by Neutronium Boy
what the hell? i must be missing something cuz i cant complete this mission. i wait in the junkyard and can fly around as i please without getting noticed simply by reducing reactor output. but the incomming freighter simply stops after jumping in. i fly around it, formate to it... nothing. if i shoot it enough it always starts moving towards a police station some distance away and gets destroyed... this cant be right