need information on how to pick up package+misc

More
15 years 8 months ago #19074 by calnon
Hi,

I just found out about Iwar 2 and what a game! I am finally getting the use out of my Saitek Joystick(I assume a joystick is the best way to play?)

Anyway I am new to the game, I got to the part where I get a base, next I did the first mission for the cartel guy. I then recieved a second mission where I have to go to some place and pick up a package, I get warned from the onboard computer that when I start engaging the police will be on me, heres the thing when I got to the waypoint the station docking crew comms me and I can select
1: Im here for the package
or
2: Im here to kill you

So I chose 1 and I figured I had the package so I went way back to the cartel station and docked but the mission didnt complete. I then assumed I had missed something out so I flew back to the original waypoint and after so long the police came, I shot down all the police but at the waypoint I cant see any package? How can I complete this mission?

Also is it possible to trade commodities in this game, it seems this way as I see in the encyclopedia but in stations I see no listings of goods? My saitek evo pro joystick has what I beleive is a called a hat switch, its like a mini joystick and thats what I use for comms and interaction inside the station but I cant see any goods? If I follow the story will I eventually see places that stock goods?

One other thing is countermeasures, I havent installed any game patches yet which I may do but with the stock version how to I fire counter measures for missles its just I use a button on the joystick to thrust and I move eratically and avoid missles that way.

What a great game though, I liked freelancer and while the flight is more tricky in this well I am really enjoying the fights thus far but if I am not quick I am dead! I aint really accustomed to the joystick but I am slowly getting better and it does make the fights feel good :) , I just am sometimes a but confused exactly what to do at certain objectives.

I am just going through these forums and I am also playing the game on vista but well I realise I may have to install the game on an xp comp at some point. Also is the patch mentioned on these forums worth getting what does it fix?(I am away to look)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #16793 by calnon
Hi the edit button on the forum isnt working for me however just to update I figured out if I press the dock key I pick up the cargo if it is targetted, I then got out of that area fast but I cant dock at cworth station with the cargo and I dont no where to take it; it says cworth but I cant get it to dock there? I am 100% certain I have the cargo now, any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the manual here as well, so I dock to cargo to pick it up and I have to undock cargo to drop it, F8 is dock, whats it to undock cargo?

More
15 years 8 months ago #16794 by Chorizo
Under the ship command menu accessed using the arrow keys you can select to undock from the cargo pod you're carrying. Try to make sure your are at a complete stop to prevent your cargo from accelerating away from you at high speeds!

More
15 years 8 months ago #16795 by calnon
Hiya, I did actually manage to figure it all out eventually but still thanks for the reply! , I am at the stage now where I need to just do open ended kinda stuff and pirate for a bit and I must say I am really really surprised how good the game is thus far! All be it well it isnt the first time I had to reload because of choosing the wrong target :) BTW I got mails from the stepsons clans, read them all and I have been hitting independant pilots , is it okay to do that? its just in hindsight I remember a mail which the stepsons mention stuff about independants. In the end after a few deaths I went to L Point at Blackeye and lots of unknown faction hostile ships came through which I got a load of loot from. Also in relation to targetting subsystems , say I want to get highest success rate for getting a pilot to bail their cargo without killing them which subsystem is best? Its just I cant always do this. Also sometimes when they do bail their cargo , the ship remains red and I cant call in the cargo collector guy until I destroy that ship so the area is safe(Why is this an issue? Its just I remember a mail about not killing them if you dont have to)

So much in the game I need to know :), basically I got a mail saying "Thanks for the ore" from the miners and that they have given me some mining charges, where do I find these? and are they for mining asteroids? If so how to I go mining?

Finally thus far what I figured was that I get loot, take it to base and it can be swapped via the trade screen or the base guy shifts it? However when I read things in the encyclopedia it kinda implies that stations have BBS systems? (This makes me think stations buy and sell stuff, is this the case?)

Just trying to get all my questions out the way as I really love the piracy element and for once a game that doesnt mutilate the space game genre with mind numbing rubbish in the name that is modern space games. Really pleased with Iwar 2 and surprised as hell, I almost had given up trying to find a space game that looked good and went faster than snail pace. Im trying currently to use walkthroughs to find answers to my questions but at this point I want to be careful as I want to just take my time with the game and figure out the systems for myself, its more issues with what I can and cant do in the game I need to find so that I know where to focus my efforts and get the most out of the game.

Thanks everyone

I will eventually figure this next one out I hope but the answer wasnt anywhere I looked, basically an email comes through from some guy who ripped of some big pirate guy or something and he says he will get killed when the person he sold to finds out, anyway I was tasked to steal the clothes back from "The gangsters" which I did , however I tried to dock the cargo to my ship but could not. I then sent for the cargo guy then checked objectives and the final one was to deliver the cargo to him personally , which I couldnt do because it was to big and now back at my base(In fact going to run the mission again except go back to base an just try loading the cargo from base - I will let you all know how I get on)