I must be mad

More
15 years 10 months ago #19071 by cyrusblack
I must be mad was created by cyrusblack
Here's what the tutorial ( dlsrv01.moddb.com/6ffc2bdb133c69c8b1b0c3...rnstars_tutorial.htm ) says:

"Fly over to the cyan blue SNRV. Press CTRL-C to start a communications session with the SNRV. Follow the prompts to hire the wingman. You will need his help to haul cargo pods."

First question: What is a cyan blue SNRV?

Second question: CTRL-C does nothing remotely like bringing up a communication screen. It just cycles through targets.

Third question: Am I really that dumb?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #16786 by cyrusblack
Replied by cyrusblack on topic I must be mad
Sorry, my message got a bit cut off. I meant to start off with 'Hi everyone! I have an issue with Torn Stars...'

More
15 years 10 months ago #16787 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic I must be mad
Hi Cyrusblack,

SNRV is a type of cargo ship. The are like space version of a flatbed truck. They are rectangular shaped, with room for six cargo pods on their top. They are cyan blue in the 'contact list'. Cyan blue contacts are contacts that can be communicated with. You must be within 20klicks before attempting to communicate.

CTRL-C should bring up the communication dialogue. If not, try CTRL-K. Make sure you are within range and targeting the correct ship. After a communication, the ships' contact color will revert to yellow. You can still communicate with them however.

No, not at all!

Try that out.

More
15 years 10 months ago #16788 by cyrusblack
Replied by cyrusblack on topic I must be mad
Thanks, Cambragol.

Also, as it turns out, my issue with Ctrl-C was because my mouse.ini file wasn't based on Torn Stars. Easily fixed!