User-created SP or co-op missions?

More
16 years 5 months ago #19031 by Ironword
Just a quick question from a total noob, and apologies if this has already been asked and answered on these forums, but the forums don't have a search feature and when I poked around I didn't see the issue raised. In fact, rather ominously, your "Mission Development" forum topic has no activity whatsoever--otherwise I'd probably be posting this question there.

So: due to RL, I haven't played games much for quite a while, but I've got more time now and want to give IWar2 a whirl. The game is on its way to me now from Ebay. In preparation, I've downloaded an awful lot of great-looking mods from here and a few from other sources, but I'm hardly finding any user-created single-player missions (or co-op, since those can be played as a single player too). On this site, you have a bunch of IWar1 missions, under the "mission scripts" link, but no IWar2 missions.

Of course there's the Torn Stars TOC and the Ultimate Freeform mod by EricMan64, both of which look to extend sp gameplay quite a bit (at least, I assume that they're SP campaigns), but aside from that, all I've found elsewhere are Challenge Course 2 by Syntechnology and Mission1 by EricMan64. I've spent over an hour doing various Google searches, seeing if I could hit something else, but no dice. Now, let me say that I'm sure these missions are excellent and I'd like to express my thanks in advance for their creators' hard work, but at the same time, surely there's got to be more out there than just two mission paks and two stand-alone missions?

Or is it just easier to make IWar2 mods than missions, and that's why there are so many mods and so few missions?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #16683 by Ironword

Originally posted by Ironword

the forums don't have a search feature

Oops, my bad, there IS a search feature on the forums--so I just used it and still come up with no sources of user-created SP missions.

More
16 years 5 months ago #16684 by ATG
Actually none has the time to learn POG scripting in order to make SP.Try and DL the buda5 if you want. www.i-war2.com/scripts4.htm

<font color="red">Greece=good country.</font id="red">

<font color="red">Greece=good country.</font id="red">

More
16 years 5 months ago #16685 by Ironword
Thanks, I did. Hope i'm only back once, briefly, to say how great it all was, and then fade away into the ananomyous mass of gamers who subsist on the worik of others. I great.y respect theose who do such major projects. It keeps the game going. i'm a sstuck at my desk publishing and teaching, so I can't join the effort in serious way, but I can certainly appreciate quality mapping and scripting.