Very first mission

More
17 years 10 months ago #18832 by Riles
Very first mission was created by Riles
This is so sad. I've played most of the other space simulators out there, but this is just plain frustrating.

For the last two hours I've been trying to complete the first part of the "guided tour", but when the two ships come in, I am literally blown to bits in two seconds.

I don't know how to avoid getting killed. The one time I managed to find where they were flying from, I tried shooting before the cutcene. I hit the ship and almost destroyed it, but one shot hit me and I went spinning out of control, and then a missle finished me off.

Can anyone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15335 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Very first mission
There are two very important tips to fighting in Edge of Chaos:

#1) There are no shields on an enemy ship's "six", and
#2) Use your afterburner and reverse thruster more than you use your throttle.

The real trick is to approach the enemy, and then reverse thrust as the enemy nears you. Swing around while it passes you, and then hit the afterburner The enemy will continue travelling in the same direction, and you will have already started to gain on its six. Open fire once you have the opportunity.

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.