What's the max effictive range on a Seeker?

More
18 years 5 months ago #18631 by Mklangelo
I'm trying different methods on that "Joint Forces" mission.

My loadout is this:

T-Fighter 1:
Cryo PBC
12 Harrowers

T-Fighter 2:
Rapid Fire PBC
10 Seekers

Tug:
Quad Light PBC
10 Seekers

I'm trying to figure out how close I can get to the Gunstar without getting smoked. I'm standing off about 35 Km, with my Wingmen Defending Me, and firing one Seeker at the closest Corvette, trying to draw him out to me. The Seeker invariably misses, even though 40-38 Km has been a good standoff range in the Marauder Cache mission.

So then I move in 5 Km or so, with my Wingmen Halted and fire again at the Corvette, the missle misses but that Corvette and the other 4 or 5 of them come rushing to us... at that point I'm stumped. I'm thinking I need to keep the Wingmen defending me...

[xx(]

If everyone is special, then nobody is special...

Dammit Cal...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14082 by Shane
It all depends upon personal fighting style and experience. There is no single path to the goal.

For instance, I never use my wingmen on Joint Forces. Nor do I use T-Fighters... I halt my wingmen about 100 clicks out and go in myself. I move towards the station slowly until the 'vettes come after me. After I'm done with them I go for the gunstar. Then the station.

It's a matter of experimentation while you develop your fighting style. Some people opt for the punch ammo cannons dish out. Some favor PBC loadouts (myself included, since I hate running out of ammo in the middle of a firefight). Some rely upon missiles. And most use a mix of these types.

Play around with it. See what you can do. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.