Random Distress Call?

More
18 years 9 months ago #18488 by Blackthorne
Hm, this is strange:
after I completed "The Heist" and followed Jafs out of the Maas area, my ship dropped out of LDS and a distress call was displayed. "Help it's an ambush" or something. I noticed a distress beacon which I could set course to, but when I was still hesitating (my weapons loudout was sub-optimal because I hadn't expected any fighting), the beacon vanished.

So for fear of missing something, I loaded the old game and re-played The Heist (with proper weapons). Everything went fine, but when the time came to fly home, there was no interruption. No distress call, I just LDSd back to Base and docked there, finito.

Well. Is that distress mission generated randomly? How long will I have to wait?
Thanks in advance.

You don't tell your pilots to be careful. You tell them Good Hunting!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13350 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Random Distress Call?
Those are randomly generated, and quite frequent. Exactly what you will find varies, but it always involves marauders killing civilians. You can often grab some low-value cargo from them.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13354 by Blackthorne
Replied by Blackthorne on topic Random Distress Call?
Okay, then I'll just wait and see.
Thanks for the quick reply. :)

More
18 years 5 months ago #14058 by Mklangelo
Replied by Mklangelo on topic Random Distress Call?
I get that same distress call after completing The Hiest. I answered to find two Mauauder Corvettes attacking some Tug or something. They LDS'd out after I ran them off with the two Turret Fighters. The Tug disappeared also.

If everyone is special, then nobody is special...

Dammit Cal...