act 3, mission 4 - capture the accelerator

More
19 years 7 months ago #18240 by liberator
I have tried this mission several times but i have been unsuccessful. I unload from the freighter, destroy the corporates, and free the marines and allow them to dock to the accelerator. They say that they have the accelerator secured and I radio for the fleet to move in. Then the LDA shield goes up, and some dialogue follows, telling me that I have to destroy the LDA nodes. I have checked the several walkthroughs and they have not helped. Are the LDA nodes the satellite-like objects? How do I destroy them? Thanks if you are able to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11588 by Shane
The LDA nodes are the three blue lights inside the accelerator. They are not targetable... you have to line up on them manually.

I used a cutting beam when going through the game, but others (including the mission's author) suggest using a deathblow REM missile or two. The explosion takes out all three of the nodes at the same time.

Good luck.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 7 months ago #11589 by liberator
It worked. Thanks for the help.