Act 2 Dantes Inferno

More
20 years 2 days ago #18063 by Kal
Act 2 Dantes Inferno was created by Kal
This ones really bugging me.

Attacking the Marauder Shipyard where you need to take out the cruiser before it cripples my ship and just can't do it. Read a couple of crap walk throughs and they say 'shoot out the umbilical cords'. What umbilical cords?!?!?! There's the station, with what I assume is the cruiser stuck to it, but there doesn't seem to be any cables or anything obvious to shoot. I've sat there shooting the hell out of the station with my wingmen, gun turrets and main ship etc etc but nothing happens other than mission over.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 days ago #9866 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Act 2 Dantes Inferno
There are some docking arms between the cruiser and the station. You have to get real close and turn your Aim Assist off, then just blast them point blank with dual Quad lights, quad rapid fires, gatlings or whatever you have. As soon as it pops loose go after it (the cruiser) and finish the job.

Some swear by cutting beams for that mission. I found them unwieldly for the other parts of the mission though. It's just a matter of personal taste/flying style

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
20 years 2 days ago #9867 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 2 Dantes Inferno
Look for the crawling electricity along the umbilical cords. You can't auto-target them, you have to press the 'x' key and do it manually.

If memory serves, there's three of them.

I've also heard (but never tried - I use cutting beams) that a REM Deathblow missile does well too.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 1 day ago #9869 by Kal
Replied by Kal on topic Act 2 Dantes Inferno
Thanks for the help guys. Think I've now found the bits i need to hit (long rod type things with electricity flowing up them).

Problem now is how the hell do you hit them? is there any sort of up-down control in the game (if there is I've not found it yet). Without it, I can't see how it's possible to manually target the rods.

any more help appreciated.

More
20 years 1 day ago #9871 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Act 2 Dantes Inferno
Yes, I remember lateral movement up and down was helpfull in that mission. If you are flying keyboard only it's not standard in the game but you can change the keyboard_only.ini in your configs folder to obtain it.

look for the section
[icPlayerPilot.LateralY]

change it with an editor (notepad) to look like this:

[icPlayerPilot.LateralY]
Keyboard, V
Keyboard, B, inverse

Pressing V will then take you up vertically and B will take you downwards

If you are flying a joystick you press the Alt button and use you Joystick Y axis. If you prefer the (V and B) keys over the Joystick/Alt combination you can change it as shown above too, But then in the default.ini in the configs folder
(Don't confuse that with the defaults.ini in the main game folder)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site