I need help misson called:trouble with gunstars

More
20 years 1 week ago #18016 by midget_man1993
well when i dock one of the gunstars they all start shooting my tailpipe to pieces before i even get dock to them.How the **** can i live???:(!:(![?][?]:(!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 week ago #9481 by andrewas
This mission is easier if you fly the comsec rather than the tug. Beyond that, you just have to get the sequence right. Undock from station the instant they lose power, and haul ass out to the first gunstar. Plan your moves before you undock, and always move right when they lose power. And route all power to the engines. Finaly, I recall that the patch made this mission much easier, so if you dont have it, get it.

More
20 years 3 days ago #9550 by UglyAngel
Try de-allocating all power from the guns, boosting your shields and engines. You don't need your guns. Put a little more into engines than shields.

The nastiest part of this mission is that you're "blinded" at the precise moment of greatest danger: docking and undocking. Both of these maneuvers cause the UI to force you into "Director Mode", and you'll waste valuable time trying to get your sight back. The autopilot is your friend, here: it can fly the ship for you while you restore your cockpit view.

Flying from a gunstar to another gunstar:

1. Target the next gunstar you want to disable.

2. When the time is right, hit the "Dock Autopilot". Your ship will very quickly undock and orient itself toward the target. Use this time of autopilot control to cancel "Director Mode" and get your sight back, by hitting the "Cockpit View" key.

3. When your sight is restored and you're facing the target, switch off autopilot and flight assist and hit the thrusters. You'll need to get a feel for how hard you can push it here.

4. Fire a disruptor if the gunstar activates.

5. When you're very close, engage the "Dock Autopilot". As you near the docking port "Director Mode" rears its ugly head again, but at this point you're pretty much committed, anyway: aborting the docking maneuver is most likely to get you killed. This is where that extra energy dedicated to shields and engines really pays off ...

More
19 years 11 months ago #9648 by mattlandsman
Want to do this mission easily? No disruptors....no switching Autopilot on and off....

Get a stopwatch.

The gunstars are "online" for 15 seconds, and "offline" for 20 seconds. You're sitting docked to the station, target the gunstar you can see, NOT the nearest one. As the gunstars go online, start you're stopwatch. When the stopwatch gets to 11 seconds, hit Autopilot Dock. You might get hit once or twice, but the damage is tiny and you fully recover once the gunstars go offline (which is usually as Director Mode ends). The autopilot will fly you of to the gunstar and dock you. (sometimes you might take a hit or two as you dock, but again the damage is small and you recover fully while attached to the gunstar). From this point on, keep targetting the nearest gunstar, and keep timing everytime the gunstars go online - making sure you leave 11 seconds after the START firing.

No death.....no fuss.....first time success.....everytime.

TA6 = Captain Fantastic
PV4 = Captain Fantastique

More
19 years 11 months ago #9675 by RHTG
Huh - I beat that mission by shoving all my power into shields, dock, wait til they go red, type "r", wait till they turn off, undock and head for your targeted gunstar holding down "w" til you're right on it, then autodock (F8) - you get torn up, and sometimes you have to sit for a while waiting for the little nanobots to plug the leaks in your hull, but you're pretty much set til the last two or three. At that point Mr. Disruptor is your friend.

I did, however, play that one post-patch.

The Original Plan - get into as much trouble as possible, then shoot your way out

The Original Plan - get into as much trouble as possible, then shoot your way out

More
19 years 11 months ago #9678 by midget_man1993
hey guys

hmmmm.i cant decide witch one to choose first[?]!!!ill say you guys are giveing me things to try things that i never though of[:0].how about as a reward you guys can play a muiltplayer game with me[8D][8D][8D]!!and you get to choose witch game you wanna play!!!see ya next time and if you have more informtion just tell me.;)