Wolf's Lair

More
20 years 7 months ago #17822 by lordpezz
Wolf's Lair was created by lordpezz
Hello peeps, can anyone help me with the wolf's lair misson.

I've found the LP with the junk pile. When the transport turns up and clay speeks, the transport sits on the LP and stays there. When i approach using stealth i either get spotted by the corvettes or if i manage to follow a transport, after a while in LDS the transport dissappears. Ive tried this misson about 15 times now with the same result.

If anyone can help i'd be very grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 7 months ago #7131 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Wolf's Lair
hi lordpezz - welcome to the forum

hide in that junk - wait untill corvettes jump out (or leave the location) - move towards the freighter and join formation.
if you miss the first freighter i think a second one jumps in...

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 7 months ago #7146 by Phatose
Replied by Phatose on topic Wolf's Lair
I -think- you might have to respond to a few distress signals before Oregon will let you do the job.

More
20 years 7 months ago #7152 by lordpezz
Replied by lordpezz on topic Wolf's Lair
thx for replies. I've hidden in the junk pile, the corvettes turn up, then a trans. how long do u have to wait b4 the corvettes leave ? Also, in the junk pile there is an independent tug sitting there. Is this ship relevent to anything ?

I've managed to sneak up to a trans, gone into formation with it, but soon as LDS drive kicks in i'm spotted.

I think this is the only misson in act two i have left.

More
20 years 7 months ago #7157 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Wolf's Lair
not sure for that "corvettes are leaving"
ignore that tug
have you equipped your ship with any stealth-tec?
try to get some and choose best signalmask on and stealth hullplates
move slowly with lateral thrusters (a or d) and use freeflightmode (press ctrl and the ship moves on without thrusters - "n" turns freeflight on/off)
manage to leave that ldsi field together with the freighter and go into formation as late as possible

patience, stealth and timing?

or just kill these corvettes (disruptors and rapid pbc's)
then hitchhike (?) that freighter

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 7 months ago #7183 by lordpezz
Replied by lordpezz on topic Wolf's Lair
Thx for help, managed to shoot corvettes with sniper cannons.

Lol now im stuck on Hide and Seek

Ive found all 3 bases, got the maint. flitter from shipyard after clay spots the cruiser. I then use lds to return to the HQ. Using remote control on the flitter, as soon as i'm in range of the gunstars, they start shooting the flitter. This is with me not targeting the gunstars.

In the walkthrough it states after they get the flitter " they return to the HQ and smith gets the relay parts " Does this mean i'm missing a cutscene ?

On one attemp at this misson I found the HQ and there was no gunstars there, but got spotted so the misson ended.

Any help welcome