How long do you have to pirate for in act 1

More
20 years 8 months ago #17820 by mdolsen
Hey guys....great game!

My problem is, I have hit the stage in act 1 where you are supposed to pirate for a while, while you wait to receive and e-mail from E. R. Oregon. What I want to know is, how long does this last? I've been pirating for hours and hours, taken down innumerable cargo ships and looted thousands of credits, and I am not getting the e-mail! Is there some set value I have to reach in amount of loot collected? When does this end? Or do I have a corrupted game.....

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 8 months ago #7075 by EricMan64
I believe the email you are waiting for is from the Stepsons but oh well.

I believe (someone please correct me if wrong as I haven't played the campaign in a long time now) that it normally takes a day or two of good playing sessions to get through this stage of the game. Every once in awhile (very rarely actually), I hear about someone who gets trapped in this part of the game for the rest of eternity, so hopefully that hasn't happened to you. Just keep pirating, and hopefully you'll get that email you're looking for.

More
20 years 8 months ago #7076 by mdolsen
Thanks for the reply! Hopefully I'm not in an eternal plot loop here......I will keep playing, and see what happens in a few more hours.

Thanks!

More
20 years 8 months ago #7080 by Tarcoon
... and perhaps check "shift + o" to make sure you did all recent jobs.

I think there is allways one ride only necessary to get the next e-mail...[8D]

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 7 months ago #7100 by toxzyne
Hey Mdolson, I'm at the exact same spot. Been pirating for hours and hours and nothing. The last archived email is the Oregan one, and I have completed all tasks before this. Did you manage to get any further?

More
20 years 7 months ago #7101 by toxzyne
Just been looking through the walkthrough and I noticed a mission which I havn't done. its not in my archived emails or objectives so i'm confused. Its Mission 3 (Joint Forces) which I seem to have missed somehow, nor do i remember it coming up. Could this be why no new missions or emails are coming? Any help is appreciated.