Aiming

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #5598 by Jwk
Replied by Jwk on topic Aiming
If someone was to make a modification to change the way the auto aim worked i think one would be able to make fire extremely hard to dodge

the targeting system uses a 'target lead position' method. If the target is moving in a perfectly straight line then the bullets speed is calulated and it is sent an apporopraite distance ahead of the target. Of course targets dont move in a straight line very often....
so although the projectile is sent so that the target goes into the path of the projectile.....the target usually curves away and changes its path...as a result the projectile is closer...but it still misses.
The same affect happens when the target accelerates...its tragectory changes and the bullets miss as the target doesnt go where it was 'going to go' when the projectile was fired.

Now if one was to make the targeting system do a 'target lead position' of the already established 'target lead position'. Then no matter how much the target changed its tragectory the projectiles would still hit (give or take the inherient accuracy of the gun). The only way the target could dodge the projectiles now is if it changed its rate of acceloration.

Ive tested it with other games and it works. Infact my modification wasn't inculded into a community project because "it totally unbalenced the game, no matter how you move those damned bullets kept on hitting you!"

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.