file heat sink theory

More
21 years 1 month ago #17671 by phaelos
heat sink theory was created by phaelos
I think that the heat-sinks work as such:
High-lettered heat sinks (gamma, delta) can radiate heat faster, while the opposite (alpha, beta) can handle more heat at a time. Otherwise, what is the difference?

-Anyone who's not confused here generally doesn't know whats goin on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 month ago #4431 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic heat sink theory
I use the Sealed-Heat Sink.(but how do u think of the omega??)

PS. Is Sealed-Heat Sink good too

~C.C. Rocks~

More
21 years 1 month ago #4436 by mad_alien
Replied by mad_alien on topic heat sink theory
I think the sealed heat sink is used for stealth purposes not performance but correct me if I'm wrong.

More
21 years 1 month ago #4439 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic heat sink theory
The heat sinks are rated as follows (this from the heatsink.ini files):

Heatsink Type - - - - - - - - - - Heat Loss/sec
Cargo_AlphaHeatSink.................... 2000
Cargo_BetaHeatSink..................... 2550
Cargo_GammaHeatSink.....................3100
Cargo_DeltaHeatSink.....................3700
Cargo_OmegaHeatSink.....................4500

Cargo_SealedHeatSink....................2500

The Sealed Heat sink dissipates less heat, but does it in a "quieter" way. It modifies brightness to make the player ship more stealthy.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 1 month ago #4442 by phaelos
Replied by phaelos on topic heat sink theory
ah, I see, thank you shane! I couldn't figure out why the beta heat sink seemed to perform less well than the standard gamma. where did you find this info?

More
21 years 1 month ago #4449 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic heat sink theory
That data was pulled from the ini files for the heatsinks. The ini files are located in the zipped resource folder, in the main EoC directory. Each heat sink (and any other system) has an .ini file, which displays a list of stats. They can be opened with notepad, and so can be easily changed.

You might be interested in this: (if not, just ignore... this hasn't been posted in awhile)

A quick guide to making mods in EoC.

In the zipped resource folder in EoC, you'll find a folder called subsims. In that folder is a folder called systems. In that folder is a folder called player. The player folder holds ini files for every system/weapon/etc the player uses in EoC. Open the player folder and scroll down, and you'll find a file called heatsink4.ini. This file determines how your Delta Heat sink operates. Want to create a mod that changes how well the heat sink works in the game? To make a mod for this, just copy the heatsink4.ini file and paste it to your desktop, then open it and scroll down to the line which reads:

; Heat-sink properties
heat_loss_rate=3700

Change the heat_loss_rate to 5000 (or 6000, or 1500, or whatever you wish). Save the file. Now, on the desktop, create a folder called player. Place the heatsink4.ini file you modified into the player folder. Create a folder called systems. Place the player folder into the systems folder. Create a folder called subsims. Place the systems folder into the subsims folder.

Almost done. Now, create a zipped file folder and name it something like: SuperHeatSink.zip Place the subsims folder into the zipped file folder.

You've just created your first mod. Place the zipped folder into the mods folder under the EoC directory. In the extra's screen, you can click to activate the mod, or deactivate it. When the mod is active, whatever heat_loss_rate you set for the Delta Heat sink is what the heat sink will lose per second. You can modify any value in the ini files... make weapons more powerful, fire faster, cause more (or less) damage, anything.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions