How do you use the Shield Synchronizer?

More
21 years 8 months ago #17496 by prophet
Hello again fellow eocians, can anyone clarify this for me.. I found this on a different forum so I'm quoting it here:

>>Here's the official word on this front from James Moore:

>>"Originally the shield synchroniser was going to allow you to >>mount a second Light LDA in parallel with an existing shield >>actually giving you a reason to trade for light LDA's ) so you >>could see you had multiple shields, but this was simplified to the >>syncronsier automatically adding a second lighter shield, making >>that facing better defended ( basically altering the base shields >>hold and reliability)."

So what does automatically loading a lighter shield mean, does that mean that I have to have a light LDA in my inventory so that the shield synchronizer would have any effect at all? or will it just use the lightest shield I got in my inventory? so for example I have a navy LDA with a shield synchronizer on and have the combat LDA as my lightest shield, will the shield synchronizer use the combat LDA in combination with the navy LDA on a single slot? ---> of course this is not possible since you cannot recycle or trade your defence LDA, so let's just say for arguments sake that it is possible, what will happen? You guys see the confusion here? I don't agree with James Moore (who I assume is part of the EOC team?) that this setup is simplier, I would have preferred to see the multiple LDAs ---> there are no overall defence rating for your entire ship therefore aside from seeing it actually loaded onto your ship, there is no way of knowing if it has any effect at all, and hence no way of knowing if it was worth the trade if no shields can be seen loaded in parallel upon loading the shield synchronizer. I also tried trading for 1 light LDA and found out that if I place a shield synchronizer into my combat LDA, I could still place the light LDA into the second defence slot... see where I'm going here? if the shield synchronizer uses the Light LDA then why can I still load it in my second defence slot?--> so would this mean that the shield synchro comes with it's own light LDA, which doesn't show up on your inventory, when you trade for one? or does this just mean that it's using the next lighter LDA? I'm sorry for taking up a lot of space here, I just wanted to be clear on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.