Enhancing the Header

More
1 month 6 hours ago #20962 by ErikS
Enhancing the Header was created by ErikS
Hello.I’m a very new member.
But I’m not new to the game.

I’ve been lurking here for over a decade now and used the awesome resources to make a great game greater.
I appreciate the amazing mods here and I’m impressed by the contributor’s skills what they can accomplish.
Also the effort that is taking place to take care of files, pictures, videos etc. to preserve for future reference.
And recently the amazing games fix for the Mother of All Bugs; Dagda and Wolf’s Lair bugs.

So I also felt I wanted to contribute in some way, even in a smallest way.
And I had a look at the header on this site.
I felt it needed some care to be more eye-catching and not just a distorted and pixelated blur in the top left corner (I know, it’s a classic view and maybe some want to preserve it for the original looks).

Do you like what I’ve done or is it just eyesore.
Maybe it’s something for the new site?

I tried my best to keep the title as it appears on a PC-Box layout but cropped to fit as a header.
Please, any feedback is appreciated, to be able to improve the title.

• The following user(s) said Thank You: schmatzler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    4 weeks 2 days ago #20963 by schmatzler
    Replied by schmatzler on topic Enhancing the Header
    Thank you so much!

I was aware that the old logo was very blurry and not perfect for modern standards, but I lacked the time (and motivation) to fix it up myself.

I've replaced the logo in the header with your version and credited you on the Thank you-page. It will defnitely be used on the new version of the website, too.

Space. The final frontier.

More
    4 weeks 1 day ago #20964 by ErikS
    Replied by ErikS on topic Enhancing the Header
    Thank you.

I’m happy you like it and want to make use it.
    I feel gratitude that it’s already in use on this site, thank you.

I guessed that you wanted to fix the header.
    But, hey, you are running a website, so probably have a long to do list with more important things to ironing out first, right.
    So thank you, for your hard work to make this site still available.

That’s what a community is for, some do the major thing, and others the minor things, but together with a combined effort all can enjoy the works.

If you want the header in a larger resolution I can send it to you, just tell me where.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Chessking