file How to get working from old installer CDs?

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #20844 by Qlippoth
Is there a topic or document on how to get IWar2: EoC working on Windows 10? Could use a sticky or document somewhere for new/old users.

I'm assuming this doesn't happen with the Steam version, maybe it's worth $6 to play again...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #20845 by schmatzler
What kind of problem do you have specifically?

I have I-War2 on DVD and it installs and works fine on Windows 10.

The only thing I had to do was to create a virtual D: drive with Daemon Tools. The game will not display the Singleplayer option if it can't find any optical drives on the system.

Space. The final frontier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qlippoth

More
3 years 3 months ago #20846 by Qlippoth
This was the issue I ran into. I faked a DVD (anything) and i get single player again. Now it's just a pain (tedious) to get my Warthog Hotas set up in IWar2.

More
3 years 2 months ago #20847 by Darth-Spawn
Hi, I'm kinda new to this needing to see an optical drive thing, and I was wondering if I can get some help. I got and downloaded the game from Steam. After going in and setting the Compatability to Win 98, I started to play the game, but only got the MP option. I went back to see if there was something I missed, so I downloaded WinCDEmu, as other places suggested, but no one mentions what an ISO file is or how to create it. I set the Emu to a V:\ for the drive, as I already have a second SSD as a D:\

Please help as I do love this game, especially with the Buda5 mods :-)

More
3 years 2 months ago #20848 by Qlippoth
I solved this issue by mounting an ISO (Windows 10, just right click an .ISO file and choose mount) and it started working in SP. You can download the smallest ISO you can find, if you don't already have some random ISO file on your computer. SP only needs a optical drive and media present, and an ISO counts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schmatzler

More
3 years 2 months ago #20849 by Darth-Spawn
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm not familiar with ISO files. I'll look around and see if I have some I can use, or try and DL one that's not going to mess up my PC. Thanks for the help.