Turret Fighters & Scavenging From Marauder Attacks

More
7 years 11 months ago #20184 by Chessking
It makes sense that you are a pirate in the beginning, but later on it should not be as necessary. It would be easy to implement bounty hunting missions and paid missions by the League into the game, as well. Everything the League gives you benefits them as well, so why can't they pay you more? Why shouldn't they give their best pilot the best ship and weapons they have? Even the ability to buy technology from them using... whatever you get when you recycle cargo, I cannot remember what it is called... would decrease the need for piracy, while benefiting the League and the player.

Warning: Spoiler!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #20187 by IronDuke
Interesting thoughts. Having been merely 7 when I first played the game, and used to games like RCT or Putt-Putt at the time, I was absolutely mesmerized by the story line. There was no way I could have found fault with it. Even now, when I play, I am transported back to the world of delight I first experienced in the game. It's very difficult for me to be startled by plot holes or inconsistencies, I've gotten so used to them. Especially since I didn't realize they were unrealistic until long after they became normal.
Possibly when I re-write the story for my mod I'll see whether I can improve on this. I certainly won't remove the piracy elements; they are a big part of what hooked me into this game in the first place! But I'll see if they can be expanded upon. :)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #20240 by AdmiralZeratul

IronDuke wrote: Interesting thoughts. Having been merely 7 when I first played the game, and used to games like RCT or Putt-Putt at the time, I was absolutely mesmerized by the story line. There was no way I could have found fault with it. Even now, when I play, I am transported back to the world of delight I first experienced in the game. It's very difficult for me to be startled by plot holes or inconsistencies, I've gotten so used to them. Especially since I didn't realize they were unrealistic until long after they became normal.
Possibly when I re-write the story for my mod I'll see whether I can improve on this. I certainly won't remove the piracy elements; they are a big part of what hooked me into this game in the first place! But I'll see if they can be expanded upon. :)

--IronDuke

Any progress on your mod? It sounds quite ambitious, and I look forward to seeing your planned improvements in-game.

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

More
7 years 9 months ago #20243 by IronDuke
I believe I can redirect you to here:
www.i-war2.com/forum/mods/3228-better-textures?start=6#20217
My summer is positively jam-packed, but I'm making progress at this very moment in a little space project for this month. I still think I'll be able to get out an Instant Action in Unity by the end of summer, but don't write that down or anything.*

--IronDuke

*Oops, I just did. :silly:

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #20245 by AdmiralZeratul

IronDuke wrote: I believe I can redirect you to here:
www.i-war2.com/forum/mods/3228-better-textures?start=6#20217
My summer is positively jam-packed, but I'm making progress at this very moment in a little space project for this month. I still think I'll be able to get out an Instant Action in Unity by the end of summer, but don't write that down or anything.*

--IronDuke

*Oops, I just did. :silly:

Yeah, I read that thread. Maybe I'm biased (like all of us, right? :lol:), but I've got a good feeling that something great has started here on this forum. I may not have the skills to help you guys with the technical side of things, but I support your efforts 100%.

I recently started a gaming channel on YouTube with my girlfriend, so perhaps I'll get to do a video about your project eventually.

Overthinking is kind of a habit of mine.

More
7 years 9 months ago #20249 by Chessking

I recently started a gaming channel on YouTube with my girlfriend, so perhaps I'll get to do a video about your project eventually.

If the project is finished someday, we will need people to do this stuff to get the word out. Thanks!

I remember when Richard Skinner was doing an I-War 2 remake in Unity...

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel