Just finished EOC

More
22 years 3 weeks ago #17322 by -vipe-
Just finished EOC was created by -vipe-
I finished this game yesterday evening, and just had to come here and say WOW!

What an amazing experience that was. Gameplay, graphics, sounds, music, physics, cgi, everything was just damn good. But most of all the immersion was unbelievable.

The single most beautifull thing in this game is IMO the fact that you can see stars from so far away. I dunno if there's any other game out there where you can take a look at a distant star go into LDS and travel there real-time. You can see how you pass every other stars / planets / moons in the way. Amazing stuff :)

so, thank you Particle Systems. You gave me one helluva ride! :)

P.S. I think this game was a commercial flop. How the hell is that possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 3 weeks ago #1225 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Just finished EOC
Yep, it sure is a great game. Now you get to use all the cool mods without fear of screwing up your mission progress. Cool huh?

P.S. I think this game was a commercial flop. How the hell is that possible?

I have no idea how that happened. Maybe it's because space sims just aren't popular for no aparent reason. People just ignored it before they could get into it. I tried the demo of this game, not expecting much, and I was imediately into it. I had to go out and buy the full game just the next day.

More
22 years 3 weeks ago #1229 by -vipe-
Replied by -vipe- on topic Just finished EOC
I tried the demo and hated it. Still ended up loving the game after I bougth it. I just had to buy it because I always wanted to play i-war 1 but somehow never bougth it. When I-war2 was coming out I bougth it immediately ;)

Didn't really start to play it before February 2002 though. First I got stuck, then after I installed winXP I could not configure my Saitek x36 (Saitek hasn't still released programming interface for xp / 2000).

Maybe it hasn't sold that well just because people are not into space-games that much. On the other hand, I don't enjoy space games either usually. A good game is a good game, doesn't really matter if it's a space game or some other genre.

and yeah, thank god for the mods. I don't have to quit playing now :)

More
22 years 3 weeks ago #1235 by Pottsey
Replied by Pottsey on topic Just finished EOC
“I think this game was a commercial flop. How the hell is that possible?�
I think part of the reason are all the major bugs and bad scripts. Some of those missions are a bit to hard to figure out without help for the average person. Then there are all the major bugs. Both me and my brother are stuck in Act 2 because the last mission refuses to activate. This seems to be a common bug as we both use different computers and I have heard of other people with it.

Still even with the bugs its one of my favourite games. In fact I would put it 2nd with Elite 3 being my favourite space game.

“I finished this game yesterday evening,�
Any chance you have a save game at the start of Act 3 or just before the last mission on ACT 2?

More
22 years 3 weeks ago #1236 by Shinatar
Replied by Shinatar on topic Just finished EOC
Hey, I got saves from late in act 2 to the end of act three...

More
22 years 3 weeks ago #1238 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Just finished EOC
Shinatar. Can you email them to me at mailto:soupdragon@i-war2.com]soupdragon@i-war2.com . I'm sure Pottsey will be pleased to receive the act 2 stuff.