starting up another new game

More
20 years 2 months ago #17947 by Snowyhands
im replaying eoc...again

I really like the game, story, and graphics. The whole game is superb..

ahem

but anyway, I seem to have happened upon a bug or something

you see, the way im playing now is i will be taking on everyone who gets in my way, anyone who turns red to me, or anyone who annoys me i.e. "thats a nice ship, lets see what it can do" i took that dude out cause he was botherin me :p

however, when i escape from the jail in the tug and the cops happen on me, i decide to choose "look over there" immediately, (i know the right thread, i just feel it would be more fun this way :D[:o)])

the bug is, when i select look over there, and engage, the game CTDs(crashes to desktop) never happened before, and dont know why its happening now

i even reinstalled the game to see if it just happened from out of nowhere...haven't played in a long time

[xx(]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8841 by MajorTom
Interesting! I know it sounds odd but that could be a sound problem (the audible response you get from selecting that answer).

It is easy to test if it is a sound problem.
Go into your flux.ini and search for:

disable_sound = 0

Change that to:

disable_sound = 1

Then try the mission. If it doesn't crash with sound disabled you can be sure it is a sound problem. With the problem narrowed down like that it will be easier to fix it

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8850 by Hot4Darmat
Interesting, I just started a new EoC game myself last week and ran into a smallish bug I hadn't seen before, too. I chalk it up to having messed with it too much and flouncing too many mods in there, but I was playing relatively mod-free this time (had Jafs mod and the Spartacus mod, cause, see, I wanted to play as much of the game in a Dreadnaught-class corvette as possible, but dang its hard).

Anyhoo. I broke outta prison n' all that, and was prompted to go try my hand at piracy for the first time. The Maas freighter that wandered into the Effrit was easy pickin's and all the dialogue streams went off as they should, except, after Jafs came to pick up my selected pods, I decided to not return to base with him, but go out a-hunting. Damned if Clay wouldn't keep nagging me about selecting those pods so Jafs could come pick them up. "Quit wasting time and call Jafs" or something like that. Over and over and over. Jafs had gotten them already, but poor stupid Clay-in-a-box couldn't figure that out, so he kept doing the Max Headroom thing over and over again. "Quit wastin' time and..."

I suicided just to shut him up. It went OK on the next replay through.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
20 years 2 months ago #8854 by UglyAngel
Same thing happened to me. You have to wait for Jafs to load everything AND leave before Clay decides it's ok for you to wander off.

Thankfully subsequent Jafs pickups don't require you to babysit.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8879 by Snowyhands
it may very well be the sound, so how do i go about fixing it?

More
20 years 2 months ago #8880 by MajorTom
Look down in the technical section
For example the last few posts in this thread:
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1400

Or do a search in the technical forum on sound

Have Gun, Will Travel