Patcom weapons loadout

More
20 years 3 months ago #8520 by UglyAngel
Replied by UglyAngel on topic Patcom weapons loadout
I use short-range quad-lights precisely because aim assist doesn't work all that well against moving targets at longer ranges when using longer-ranged weaponry.

That sort of nullifies the range advantage.

However, I've given the 3 gats a go, thanks to another user who posted on this thread, and I've gotta say that's some firepower, and with a triple load of ammo and the blueprints to build more ... I could get used to that.

Why not give the girls missiles? It's not like you can't afford them. The only stuff I really need require super-rare trades anyway, like jewellry and gemstones. Since not even Deadshot missiles eat up the truly valuable loot, why not spend the useless loot on missiles for the team? With blueprints you can turn any loot, even raw sewage, into missile ordinance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8525 by Phatose
Replied by Phatose on topic Patcom weapons loadout
It's not that I use heavies in preference of the neutrons, it's just that I can get 2 heavy PBCs by raiding military research bases the moment I get a chance to fly out of Hoffer's Wake with the capsule drive, and I won't get my neutrons until I get the vette near the end of Act 2.

With the quadlights, I find that if you get beyond say 2 clicks or so from your target, the damage fades so quickly that they're not very useful. Aim assist isn't perfect, but it still seems capable of hitting targets 4 or 5 clicks away with the rapids.

Gatlings are impressive, but the ammo limits tend to keep me away. Getting the actual ammo at your base isn't a big challenge, but either way you still can only hold 200 shots worth per loadout. Keeping stocked at base is easy, but it can be quite annoying to run out of ammo during a mission. I primarily use gats early in the game, for scripted missions when I need overwhelming firepower, but don't expect to be out there too long.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8526 by UglyAngel
Replied by UglyAngel on topic Patcom weapons loadout
Hmm, I get 1000 rounds per loadout, but I just discovered I'm not *really* playing version F14.6, even though the opening menu says so.

I suspect you must install into the default directory for the patches to install properly, but I won't know until my re-install and re-patching is finished.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8534 by Phatose
Replied by Phatose on topic Patcom weapons loadout
1000 rounds is correct, but at 5 rounds per burst, it comes out to 200 shots.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8787 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic Patcom weapons loadout
All you need is 5 rapid fire PBC-s, 2 quadpack launchers with deathshot and disruptor missiles, docking auto-turret (or rem. fighter & self-defense soft.) and the best heatsink w/ all accessorier to cool it all down. BTW, is the Patcom meant to come w/ 2 antimatter streams or is this just a bug in my game? I´m going throw the SP for 2-nd time and I don´t remember these things coming so soon last time.[?]

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8788 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Patcom weapons loadout
Nope, your not supposed to get any anti-matter weapons till the last two missions.