Patcom weapons loadout

More
20 years 2 months ago #8808 by UglyAngel
Replied by UglyAngel on topic Patcom weapons loadout
Gotta agree with the selection of rapid-fire PBC as primary weapon.

They have the same advantage as quad-lights, only much less range dissipation. As others in this thread noted, the maximum range of a weapon is kind of a joke; PB weapons don't really start making hay until maybe around 2/3 of their maximum range.

At shorter ranges where the quad-lights just begin to kick in, the RF-PBC's are devastating.

Maybe at point-blank range quad-light PBC's start to look better, but unless you're trying to stick a cutting beam into a cruiser you're not going to be spending a whole lot of time at point-blank range. (Even sticking a cutting beam into a cruiser doesn't take much time ... unless you miss.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8871 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic Patcom weapons loadout

Originally posted by andrewas

Nope, your not supposed to get any anti-matter weapons till the last two missions.

That´s what I thought in the first place. Anyways, I love this little sweet buggie:D
(goes for another "Capitalist" cruiser)
(zzzziiiIIIIiiip... k-BOOOMM!!!)

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9151 by ExplodingBoy
Replied by ExplodingBoy on topic Patcom weapons loadout
Patcom with 2 assault cannons, 2 cutting beams, empty light point in the comsec (never used it anyway) and Az an lori loaded with neutrons and the best missile that i actually had blueprints for.

best mods i can find of coarse, as well as the dock on auto turret, modified the .ini file and gave it a neutron pbc . . .

does no one else use assault cannons?

More
20 years 2 months ago #9153 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic Patcom weapons loadout
Assault Cannon is a good choice - fast like Gatling Cannon but doesn´t run out of ammo and has greater range than fast fire PBC. If it didn´t take cargo space I´d load my Corvette w/ 6 of these and create a "liittlee" chaos around Maas stations[}:)] But the cargo space of a ship can easily be increased. SO, WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?

<(some antimatter weapons, maybe?)>

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9158 by UglyAngel
Replied by UglyAngel on topic Patcom weapons loadout
Assault Cannons come pretty late in the game. They're good when you can get 'em, though; leaves room for cutting beams!

More
20 years 1 month ago #9202 by toastrack
Replied by toastrack on topic Patcom weapons loadout
Rapid fire PCB, and as many of them as you can load, chain linked together keeps 'em cool enough and provides enough sustained firepower to hurt most targets.
Get in close, shoot, kill, turn run, turn, kill....mwah ha hah ha

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.