Dying Off?

More
20 years 4 months ago #8248 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Dying Off?
Shane,

No need to fear reprisals. You speak the truth. Independence War is a thing of the past, kept alive only by the love of its fans. That fan community is also dwindling in its activism and participation (we all have to move on) but the fondness remains even after we wander off to focus on other things. My own days at these forums are probably numbered, but it won't stop me from loving the games...Oh heck, I'll probably always check in on this community, its too much fun.

'The Meeting' fiction bit is my last Independence War hurrah. After that, I'll keep my hand in some modding projects and a few garage kits of the key I-war ships, then on to other stuff...family, home renovations, other writing projects, life.

I remain hopeful though. Just as Hollywood is in love with idea recycling ideas, turning comics and computer games into movies (we'll just pretend the Wing Commander movie didn't happen, OK?) and remaking old movies, the games industry isn't immune to that kind of thinking either. Its based on the same kind of thing: making money. Maybe someday we'll see someone somewhere do something else in the Independence War universe, or some machinima artist take it on...just imagine, a 'Final Fantasy: Spirits Within' quality CG movie of Independence War! That's a day worth waiting for.

--
Hot4Darmat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8253 by Demiurgo
Replied by Demiurgo on topic Dying Off?

Originally posted by Hot4Darmat
just imagine, a 'Final Fantasy: Spirits Within' quality CG movie of Independence War! That's a day worth waiting for.

They already have 15 starting minutes of the movie: the I-War Introduction Movie. I'll pay my ticket about 10 times to see a 'FF:SW' quality movie in a BIG cinema screen with THX and Dolby audio if the movie is called "I-War: The Meeting" (just to take an example) and is made in the "I-War intro" way. That would be a GREAT movie that could even made a new "trekky" or "fever" kind of fans, don't you think it?

Edge Of Chaos rookie
I-War veteran

Edge Of Chaos rookie
I-War veteran

More
20 years 4 months ago #8254 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Dying Off?

Info. was Bought Out, not a name change, Atari has been around since 1979

Actually, Infogrames bought Atari out a few years ago, if I remember correctly. Then, more recently, Infogrames decided to change its name. The company owned the rights to the Atari name, so that's what they went with.