Several annoyances

More
20 years 9 months ago #6690 by Stephen Robertson PS
You can turn off the dock-on turret, by using the engineering screen. You'll notice a checkbox next to the system when you select it. I think hitting fire or space / enter toggles it on / off

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6691 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic Several annoyances
Now he tells me! I guess I should have explored my systems screen a little more carefully. The dock-on turret (light PBC) especially comes in handy in those situations by L-points when another ship (usually out of view) suddenly decides to fire on you for no apparent reason -- often taking out one of your T-Fighter turrets in the process). Thanks:D

Is there something wrong with your sensors? It looks dangerous!

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6696 by Andur
Replied by Andur on topic Several annoyances
As I said, it's another annoyance that you can't disable ANY system that way. Having to reduce power to 77 MW to increase stealth bothers me.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6887 by Baritone Black
Replied by Baritone Black on topic Several annoyances
I love Mechwarrior, but honestly the LAMS only worked for me once. I've never seen the AMS fire.

[Note to self: Insert signature here]

[Note to self: Insert signature here]

More
20 years 9 months ago #6903 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic Several annoyances
Hi Baritone Black --

For some reason, you're not actually supposed to see the anti-missle system fire. It's supposed to be a very high speed laser weapon which is only designed for one purpose. The Docking Auto Turret, on the other hand, is a light PBC which is supposed to make itself noticed (often to excess -- like in the middle of L-points if you forget to disable it ). I've never actually "seen" the Point Defense Turret fire -- only the result when it works.
In Mechwarrior, for example, didn't you see many of the missles exploding before they hit? You should notice the same thing in EOC. Think of it like your computer activated countermeasures. You don't actually know they're released; you're supposed to have faith that they are. (Also, your loadout inventory usually decremented after a missle exchange.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6911 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Several annoyances
Hey Baritone, how DO u activate the LAMS or AMS in Mechwarrior4.(Thanks in advance)

~C.C. Rocks~