file Fighter and General Audio Effects

More
19 years 5 months ago #18260 by Second Chance
I was just having a nice "sit-down and think" (since my comp is still gone and I can't do anything else ;)), and I was thinking: The engine sounds for the B-Wing and the Tie Bomber should give the impression that these are much larger, heavier craft. The engines should have a deeper, fuller sound than the lighter ships. Do we have anyone doing dedicated audio work for the mod? If not, I think we should. It would be really nice to have some reasonably authentic sounds. I think Tarcoon is doing the music, right? Can he do some serious audio work for the effects too? I'm sure we could get some nice samples now that the dvd's are out. Anyway, this is what happens when I'm allowed to sit and think, instead of work. :D

btw - Would it be objectionable to anyone to have the final Death Star battle music from Star Wars as the background battle music? Is there music already? I always have the music turned off when I play, so I never noticed. I guess it's just that I'd like to hear the real music from the movies while playing. I never really liked the idea of using composed "Star Wars-like" music. (This last bit is just a question and my two-cents, really. Not an issue I have or anything.)

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #11771 by Hot4Darmat
I'm sure that existing ship engine sounds from, say the TIE fighter and the Y wing could be modified to give the bombers deeper, more substantial sounds. I'm not volunteering mind you, as I lack the expertise to do that, but having worked a little with CoolEditPro for the voices abit, I'm pretty sure it can be done. I'll take a crack at it if no one steps forward who already possesses the appropriate sound editing skills. As for music, I think the death star battle music is exciting etc., but wasn't there some concern about copyright infringement?

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 5 months ago #11775 by Second Chance

...but wasn't there some concern about copyright infringement?

Originally, yes. But I think that was pretty much settled in this post.
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1698
You have to read through to the middle of the first page, where we start talking about other game mods.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 5 months ago #11778 by MajorTom
I think this is a more theoretical question? Have you even heard the sound on the B-Wing at all? (The current sound on the B-Wing is a deep vibrating roar that is taken from one of the EOC destroyers.)
The Tie Bomber and the B-Wing currently have temporary sounds, because I don't have useable original sounds avaliable.

If you want to change a drive sound to a deeper roar it is easy to do: You just have to change the pitch setting in the sound ini that is defined in the avatar.

Until now I've been doing all the music and sound integration, using either standard sounds or sounds created by others) I would most appreciate it if someone else would volunteer for the sound work.

Originally posted by Second Chance

...but wasn't there some concern about copyright infringement?

Originally, yes. But I think that was pretty much settled in this post.
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1698
You have to read through to the middle of the first page, where we start talking about other game mods.

The above was in relation to using the "Star Wars" name. and has nothing to do with the music. An infringment on music copyrights is a completly different issue. They are owned by the composer and the artist could make use of his rights seperatly and independently from Lucas Arts!

However, again this seems to be rather theoretical on your part Second Chance, since you have the music turned off anyhow? ;)
The music currently in the mod is used by permission of the different composers, because I wrote each of them an email and asked for their premission.
If we had a member of the team who has the "Sound engineer" titel, he could also look for more music and get permission to use it.

Music and other audio effects are already being covered in another thread, so lets keep the discusion, at least on the music issue, there please.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 2 months ago #12257 by Second Chance
I have a collection of awsome Star Wars audio effects. I volunteer to do the sound fx work. Although I don't really know anything about sound mixing, at all. But I had a lot of fun adding the SW sound effects to my SW ship model test mod.