Issues with Starting/Playing the mod

More
19 years 9 months ago #10982 by Second Chance
Hmm, interesting. It looks like those folders you were talking about are trying to be there, but they're just blank files instead of folders. See...

Are these blank files in the zip file? If not, how did they get there? The plot thickens. ;)

*edit
Ok, not only are the they blank files instead of folders, but neither them nor the files vssver.scc are in the zip download. So I don't have them, but I won't run the batch again until you say it's ok. Is this helping?

**edit
Hmm. Well what do you know, my video and network cards are on the same IRQ. How do I change that?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10993 by MajorTom
The files in your backups folder are never in the mod.zip.

They are moved there from your games multiplayer folders and stored as backups as long as the mod is activated. When the mod is deactivated the starwars ships are deleted from your multiplayer folder and your originals moved back

The reason they are empty is because your win2k moved them as files instead of as directories without asking you, during the previous (screwed up) batch runs. The new batch will either move them as folders or ask you explicitly if they should be stored as files.

I'll send you the correct contents from the standard game in a few minutes, so you can replace the whole backups folder you have now.
you'll have them in about 5 minutes.

Meanwhile you can fix your IRQ problem, (under circumstances you may need your Network administrators help.)
You'll have to move your Network card manually to another slot in your PCs mainboard. Normally thats no problem. Win2k will recognize the card when it is in the new slot and suggest the correct drivers to be installed. Just install them and everything should be ok if you normally use standard windows network settings.
You would only need your network admins help if you are in a LAN and have a specified ip address. Then you would have to set your given ip address in the cards properties.

Note: don't let your admin say it's not necessary. It isn't necessary for standard office PCs but it is very importat for games, especially MP gaming.
The Network card and the video card by default both use 255 cycles of your irq bus. That is too much for one bus and causes the preformance issue
(moving the card may fix your sound problem too: make sure niether the video or network card isn't on the same bus with your sound card too)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #11007 by Second Chance
Hey thanks, MajorTom! All that is really helpful, especially about the cards. Thanks.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 9 months ago #11010 by Second Chance
Woohoo!. . .almost.

With the new files in place, the batch successfully deactivates the mod, but. . .

Although the mod is deactivated (it does go back to single-player), when I run the batch again, it says the mod is currently activated, and asks if I want to deactivate or update and continue. When I select update and continue I get this:

(This is all one batch run. I just separated it into smaller pictures for each section.)

But after all that the mod is not activated. Flux.ini doesn't get replaced with the SW one, the mods folder is not renamed and the new SW mods are not added to the main directory. Basically, nothing happens in the main EoC directory at all. So the mod won't run, even though it says it activated.

Help!

More
19 years 9 months ago #11018 by MajorTom
I'm sorry, I can't help you on this any more than I already have. You are the only one here with Win2k. I don't have win2k avaliable so, you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #11022 by Second Chance
Ok, thanks for trying. I'll try re-installing the mod and see what happens.