What's up with Marvel nowadays?

More
8 years 10 months ago #19604 by schmatzler
Did anyone notice that Marvel tries to get hard into the TV series business?

Over the last few years they made several new series:
  • Agents of SHIELD
  • Agent Carter
  • Powers
  • Daredevil

They announced even more:
  • A.K.A. Jessica Jones
  • Luke Cage
  • Iron Fist
  • Defenders
  • possibly: Guardians of the Galaxy

That's a total of nine series and I didn't even count the animated ones! :woohoo:

I'm happy about some of them, since I absolutely love Guardians of the Galaxy but I also think that's a bit much. I don't want to have only superhero shows on the TV :P

What do you think? Are they realizing that fewer people go into the cinemas and shift their business to series now?

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #19605 by RichardSkinner
its a cycle, we are emerging from the zombie era (finally) into the comic book one.

Interesting observation about the theater. I normally hate going to see movies, it's got to be something I'm am super into to get me in there. My next few films will probably be Star Wars of course, and the new Bladerunner whenever that comes out.

And I avoid tv series like the plague because I can't afforded to get trapped into something like that. I have a hard enough time keeping up with hockey and football

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 10 months ago #19606 by schmatzler

RichardSkinner wrote: its a cycle, we are emerging from the zombie era (finally) into the comic book one.

I'm not so sure. The gaming industry still puts out zombie games every week. Granted, most of them are shit, but they are still being done.
And amc is just filming a second show that will run alongside "The Walking Dead".

I'm fed over by the zombie theme, too - but it's not over yet :D

I rarely go to the movies, too. Just because going to the movies has become so expensive here in Germany. We have to pay 10 bucks or more, just to sit in a room with strangers that can't behave. And then, if you're hungry or thirsty, that's at least another 5 bucks - for each person.

And it seems like I'm not the only one. The blockbusters are still full, but every other movie is very rarely visited here. I think Marvel realized that, too - and took the jump on the Netflix wagon ;)

There's a new Bladerunner coming? WOOT? :woohoo:

More
8 years 10 months ago #19631 by RichardSkinner
speaking of bladerunner. have you noticed that the font on the side of the police interceptor ship is that same font (pretty muuch) on the side of the poline spinner in the film when spelling "police"?

I only mention that because I was just watching the directors cut and was like "hey! thats some I-war shit right there!"

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #19632 by schmatzler
Nope, I did not know that. Nice find :D
But I know that United Airlines used the I-War font a while back...or at least one that looks a lot like it ;)

Speaking of Marvel, now they're doing "Ant Man" - I've never even heard of that guy before. The trailer surely looks like a decent, standard superhero action film.

More
8 years 10 months ago #19666 by 7upMan
Forget shitty Marvel's men in tights and instead drool at the thought that The Expanse TV show will be airing on July 2nd this year: on.syfy.com/the-expanse

If you never heard of The Expanse, please see here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(novel_series)

This is the closest thing to a novelization of the I-War universe as it probably will get.