Some Recent (non-I-War) Handiwork

More
18 years 2 months ago #18731 by Hot4Darmat
Not sure if many will find this of interest, but I've been honing my chops as a paper model builder. This www.starshipmodeler.org/gallery10/dd_020806_cecil.htm is a recent scratchbuild I made out of cardstock using a paper model modular system. I was just having fun doing something non-Independence War for a change. It ended up being fairly intricate. Anyway, I'm working on other paper model projects these days, but all with a view to coming back to and creating even better Independence War paper models.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14807 by cambragol
ummm...that is insanely cool! Hands down the nicest 'tranport' type ship I have seen. And looks like it would be perfectly at home in I-war, or perhaps Freehauler. Was the design from that site, or did you design it yourself?

More
18 years 2 months ago #14810 by Hot4Darmat
Thanks. It's my design, but as mentioned in the little blurb, it's pretty basic, or at least heavily influenced by other designs, such as (obviously) Independence War, and the ship tech from Attack Vector: Tactical, and the pride and joy of my model collection, the 7 foot long freighter model the Cassiopeia. More info is available on that model is also on the Starship Modeler site here:

www.starshipmodeler.com/other/mv_cassie.htm

More
18 years 2 months ago #14811 by Shane
Beautiful! I have a fondness for the more 'primative' ships (harkens back to 2001).

Cambragol's right... Damon would love that model. :)

More
18 years 2 months ago #14812 by Second Chance
That's extremely cool. I really like how, even though it's built free-form from a Lego-like modular system, it has such a rich feeling of realism. It seems like something that might really be built in the not-too-distant future.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos

More
18 years 2 months ago #14817 by GrandpaTrout
It really does have a AV:T feel. I love the engine section.

As kids we used to play war games using army men and bb guns. I can just imagine a game with two opposing ship models. And taking turns "firing" bbs as the cannons at the other model.

The modular blocks are a neat idea. Now those just need to get incorporated into a video game that lets us build our own star ships from preconstructed parts.