Is this forum dead?

More
19 years 4 months ago #18300 by joexv535
Is this forum dead? was created by joexv535
I have been reading this forum for a long time. It was very helpfull.
Because I have discorvered I-war2 not to far ago.

But people didn't post any more.

One more question, What had happend to the mod "Dogs of War"?
Is this free for download?

(Sorry for my poor English.)

Regards
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11941 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Is this forum dead?
I'd say the forum is just quiet, not dead. Many of us are still here, there just hasn't been much to talk about lately. As to your question concernng Dogs of War, GrandpaTrout should come along shortly to say something along the lines of "I'm still working on the 'Dark Currents' side of Epic, but 'Dogs of War' is no longer being developed."

More
19 years 4 months ago #11942 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Is this forum dead?
Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum (as a posting participant). No the forum isn't dead. I still check in and lurk at least once a day. Things are still happening, but at a slowed pace, and by very few people, so progress is slow. Your question comes up from time to time, and EricMan64 is correct. Epic: Dark Currents is still in development (and from what I hear lately, getting close to being ready). My understanding is that it will be a free, but whoppingly large download.

Unfortunately, Epic: Dogs of War, a single player campaign intended to take place in the same cluster as Dark Currents has gone into the deep freeze. Anyone interested in resurrecting it, and doing some serious coding, modelling and scripting should contact Major Tom or myself. Otherwise we consider it an aborted project. Its a shame really, as it promised to be very cool, but it was simply too much for so few people (namely Major Tom) to take on. This is a common fate for fan-based mod projects.

I'm working on some other Independence War-related projects to share with the community, but have become incredibly busy in real life, just like so many other members of this fan community. So they progress slowly.

The love is still there, but the time just isn't...

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 4 months ago #11944 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Is this forum dead?

Originally posted by Hot4Darmat
No the forum isn't dead. I still check in and lurk at least once a day.

As do I. :D Honestly, I don't think I could get through a day without checking in at least once.

I'm kinda hooked... ;)

More
19 years 4 months ago #11945 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Is this forum dead?
I've been permanently hooked in to the main forum for about the past two years now (it's my active desktop on my office machine hooked in through our cable network), and the forums just go through cycles of activity and inactivity. When something buzzworthy happens there will be a flurry of activity, and then it dies down again. I think this is because; although most of us are here, we don't use these forums for the general BS about OT subjects that other forums do. Which is nice, because if I wan't to read about how someone believes they are an authority on naval warfare because they've drawn a few spaceships I'll go to the atari forums.

These are good quality forums, and I'd rather that there were long periods of inactivity than incessant, mindless BS about everything but EoC. Things happen, you just have to be here when they do. Just be patient and check in every day. And before you know it, you'll know everything important that happens for EoC. Because eventually everything important gets posted here. :)

On a more general note; don't expect too much activity around holidays that are close together, like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. People tend to get really busy in their personal lives at those times and don't have much time for gaming.

One more thing. Never worry about your English if it's not your first language. In fact, your grammar is far better than many American posts I've read here. But please do put your county in your profile. It's much more fun to see where everybody lives. And I don't think we've ever had a problem due to county of origin, everyone is welcome here.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 4 months ago #11947 by joexv535
Replied by joexv535 on topic Is this forum dead?
Thanks guys for this warm welcome...

It's a pity that DOGS OF WAR was frozen. I have been reading about "Dark Currents" and its very promising.

I will tell you something about me. I'm Argentine and I discovered I-war2 about march of this year. I haven't enough time to play it all the time I want. But it hook me. I had played a lot of games about spaceship like PRIVATEER, TIE-FIGHTER, X-WING, STARLANCER, FREELANCER, X2, X-TENSION. Some of them not was explored in depth like X2, because I think it was not so well programed and it code is not optimiced.

I was playing I-war2 for a long time but some times I didn't figure how to continue playing. It's not very intuitive. You could gave me an advise? How could I do to realise and continue playing. The mails are really important. Some times I didn't read it all of them, and I think I miss some important info.

Regards
Jose