Mad Over FREELANCER!!!!

More
20 years 7 months ago #17814 by They_HunGer
Hey just asking if WHEN is the release of EPIC coz ive gone loco over Freelancer and just keep playing it![}:)]:(!

~C.C. Rocks~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 7 months ago #7032 by Ace
Replied by Ace on topic Mad Over FREELANCER!!!!
Hmmmm... Freelancer... It's okay I suppose, but the games' got no soul. Combat is boring and always degenerates to the person with the most powerful ship winning. The reputation system is really buggy - groups seem to attack me for no reason whatsoever... and I don't like being forced to only have one ship.... The turret system is poorly implemented, unlike say in XWA where you can order the computer to auto fire your turrets, in Freelancer you have to manually fire them - meaning engaging turret view mode and flying straight and level = almost instant death in most missions. And to make matters worse the AI is able to fly complex flight manevuers while still pegging you with deadly accurate turret fire.

Were some neat touches though, like when you get to fight alongside fleets of AI ships - and I liked the trading system. Nice to be able to "fly" such a large variety of ships, but with the mouse control the all feel the same.

It could've been so much better than what it was... wasn't really impressed.

More
20 years 7 months ago #7033 by jojobird
Replied by jojobird on topic Mad Over FREELANCER!!!!
I'm still waiting for the epic to be released (must try latest release soon), but my question is if there's any other game similar to Iwar, (but not freelancer), preferably more similar to Iwar than freelancer.

Regards, Sergej

Edited: spelling[:(]

Regards, Sergej

More
20 years 7 months ago #7047 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Mad Over FREELANCER!!!!
Well i really hate the trade-lane thingy and it takes a long time to go through another system!! but i really like the missions and the trading stuff to earn some green and IT has sooooo many ships for sale and lots and lots of weapons!

~C.C. Rocks~

More
20 years 4 months ago #7734 by Freezy
Replied by Freezy on topic Mad Over FREELANCER!!!!
I'd argue that freelancer isn't any kind of space game at all. Anyone else notice the entire realm in which you play is almost completely flat? You could beat the game without using the bloody Y axis. I'd agree with it having no soul, all the missions are exactly the same... just diffrent locations. The whole game kinda reeks of generated scripts, "FREELANCER --- ONE --- DASH --- ONE --- YOU ARE CLEARED TO LAND" "DEFEAT THE -- OUTLAWS --- AT -- WAYPOINT" etc.

It's multiplay was pretty good though, although it gets boring pretty fast. Theres lots of weapons but... well... theres always that one thats better than all of them. There's like 6 weapons, that are pretty much all equally powerfull, and do pretty much the exact same thing, and they are all you need. Regardless of the many many weapons; they are all the same. Tis' a fun game till you beat it though... but once you beat it...

[/small essay o' rants]

*sigs*

*sigs*

More
20 years 4 months ago #7762 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Mad Over FREELANCER!!!!

Anyone else notice the entire realm in which you play is almost completely flat? You could beat the game without using the bloody Y axis.

I believe that the EoC geography is pretty much the same, actually. The game has the capability to easily use all 3 axes all you want, but it would make for a nav map that doesn't really help show where things are. Unlike Freelancer, however, stuff in EoC is spread out enough that you don't really notice.

One final note: amazingly enough, our own solar system is almost completely 'flat'. I have no idea if there is any scientific explanation or if it's just some freaky phenomenon.