Model editing possible ?

More
14 years 7 months ago #16961 by NucNuc
Replied by NucNuc on topic Model editing possible ?
:)<font size="3">Thanks for your help so far, guys!</font id="size3">:)

<font size="4">IT WORKS!</font id="size4">

It is possible to edit ship models just with a text editor, working with the lws.setup and .ini files. It "only" takes <font color="red">some</font id="red"> time to check on the changes and newly added objects with a look on what you've done in-game.
(Was able to add half a dozen turrets to a freighter, thanks to GREB, who's "Ramming Frighter" I used for this).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16963 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Model editing possible ?
Congrats!

More
14 years 7 months ago #16974 by NucNuc
[xx(]<font size="3">REAL LIFE</font id="size3">[xx(]
has hold me down for some time, so that I wasn't able to fumble with the .ini and .lws files as much as I wanted.

Now I'm around a question about the shields and their positioning (.lws_setup).
From the description in the encyclopedia I think of them as halfspheres ([?]of what diameter[?]), which base-centerpoints are defined by <font color="orange">this</font id="orange"> digits and their direction (center-zenith of the halfsphere) by <font color="green">that</font id="green"> row of digits.

AddNullObject shield_upper
ShowObject 8 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
<font color="orange">0 0.900003 -15.3</font id="orange"> <font color="green">0.3000001 -36.1 0</font id="green"> 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ShadowOptions 7

AddNullObject shield_lower
ShowObject 8 7
ObjectMotion (unnamed)
<font color="orange">0 -0.7499998 -15.325</font id="orange"> <font color="green">-180 130 0</font id="green"> 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 0
EndBehavior 1
ShadowOptions 7

And especially <font color="green">these digits</font id="green"> I don't really understand. Which one determines which axis (downwards-upwards, sidewards, [?]what direction is determined by the third[?]) ?

Also one thing I came across: only very few ships have an upper and lower shield, most of them have a "front"shield and a lower or upper shield. [?]

I would really be gratefull for an explanation, since I'm still in the phase trying to understand how all this stuff works.

By the way, since I still don't have the funds for "new" lightwave program.....
Does anybody knows, if there are "older" versions especially like 5.5 or 5.6 (:D) available for a more decent <font size="1">(if possible for free)</font id="size1"> prize available ? I've checked ebay and amazon so far, but didn't find anything and on the lightwave webside "older" versions are not offered.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16975 by NucNuc
Anybody out there ?

Need some more help.

I'm trying to fit some turret-fighters to another ship (in this case the interfacer). I was already able to fit a working pylon_mount to another ship (a "foreign" model from the AEROTECH Mod), but in this case it does not work.

I've edited the lws.-file accordingly with adding the pylon_mount AND the pylon_missle_mount in a appropriate position. It works fine as a pylon_mount for a cannon with a additional misslepod.
But when I try to start from the hangar with turretfigters as loadout, I get stucked in the launch-tube. It takes abit more time while loading, but the launch-intro plays normal. And then there is the blank launch-tube with no ship at all. Even some asteroids and debris is floating around, so the game at all doesn't chrash.

Any idea and HELP ??

More
14 years 7 months ago #16976 by NucNuc
Well, I somehow managed to solve the thingy with the pylon_mounts. I dont' really know what the solution was, since I've done two things at a time (I know, BAAD modeler conduct).
One thing I did:
in the ini. file I moved the pylon_mount templates from the bottom of the hardpoints-list below the countermeasure-template up in between the light_cannon and medium_internal_hardpoints.
the other thing:
I looked up the setup.lws in the avatars folder and there all entries were noted with ShowObject 5 7
while the .lws file in the commonsetups folder were noted ShowObject 4 7. I changed these to the same as in the avatars folder and

TAHDAAH it works.

<font size="1">(Unfortunatly I'm not able to insert some pics and screenies on this site, without having an upload account somewhere else. SAAD!)</font id="size1">

More
14 years 6 months ago #16980 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Model editing possible ?
Hi NucNuc,

www.imagehost.org/ - upload your screens and post the direct link!

No account needed - stores all kind'a files up to 100 MB.

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance