New Corvette Model

More
15 years 3 months ago #19090 by OrionSX
New Corvette Model was created by OrionSX
Hey all, I was disappointed when I first played EoC about the lack of the ability to pilot the original Dreadnaught. Downloaded a few mods, found a few that let me fly it, etc, etc, and then I was disappointed at the disturbing lack of detail on the beautiful original design. Don't get me wrong, the Tachyon-class and Devastator-class are gorgeous ships, but the original NSO-929 still holds that special place in my heart... so I created a new one. ^_^ I've made models for previous games, and thus used my modelling experience to create this one. Its untextured as of yet, and still has a few small details that need added, but all in all, its pretty close to complete. Tell me what ya think.

I have 10 renders of the new Corvette on the album below. Just click the link to view them.
smg.photobucket.com/albums/v236/ ... =slideshow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #16819 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic New Corvette Model
Hey you!

I'd love to see your model, but the account is passwordprotected.

There is no safe distance

More
15 years 3 months ago #16820 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic New Corvette Model
Likewise

More
15 years 3 months ago #16821 by OrionSX
Replied by OrionSX on topic New Corvette Model
Okay, fixed it. Sorry, just upgraded my Photobucket account to premium, and it reset my albums for some reason. Link should work fine now. Side-note: The thruster animation is a placeholder, obviously; its an effect I threw together in 3DSMax to provide some illustration. =P

More
15 years 3 months ago #16822 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic New Corvette Model
A very nice model of the old bucket. :)

Kudos Soup! Still some life in the forum. I guess I have to reinstall the game and do some hunting...

More
15 years 3 months ago #16823 by OrionSX
Replied by OrionSX on topic New Corvette Model
Thank you. Its not finished yet, but once I finish it if anyone wants to port it for me, they're more then welcome to. I use 3D Studio Max, which can't export to LWO or LWS, so I need a middleman. I can export to .3ds for easy conversion. ^_^