file The Tie Cockpit - Almost Finished!

More
19 years 4 months ago #11915 by Second Chance
That would actually be really easy to do. With cockpit switching now possible, it opens up huge options that weren't realistic before. Theoretically, you could even add the ability for a player to choose one of any number of cockpit designs, even ones that don't go with the ship. Although that would be silly :p.

Unfortunately, the player can't modify his own cockpit scene to suit his liking because that would set off the cheat-check. Am I correct in that, MajorTom?

Although I would like to point out that sitting that far back during a hard turn is going to show you almost nothing but wall. It looks great in a pic, but that is really far back.

The thing I really like about it though, is how that pic really gives you a sense of being inside a ship. Not like the standard cockpit, where you feel like you're sitting out on the bumper.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11918 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Second Chance

Unfortunately, the player can't modify his own cockpit scene to suit his liking because that would set off the cheat-check. Am I correct in that, MajorTom?

No, we haven't included the passive subsystems in the anti-cheat functions. i.e thrusters, ship performance values and weapons are checked along with most flux.ini values, to insure conformity for all players. But some things, like the cockpit, are still optional to the player because they don't effect anything but the players own view of the game.

If however it does turn out to cause a crash due to a performance hit we may want to change that and lock down the cockpits too. On the other hand there are lots of other things that could cause crashes just as well. We'll have to think about it

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 4 months ago #11929 by thejester
Whew, feedback, alright...
Sorry I haven't updated yet but I'm alittle busy, Thanksgiving coming up, Classes to register for and I'm working on two final films, well one film one animation.
On top of that my computer is throwing a tempertantrum, so I have to go though flashing/updating the BIOS as well as reinstalling Windows.
First time I've had any problems with this thing in years, figures, probably overhead me threatening to upgrade it.

Maybe this weekend I'll show an update and the beginnings of a B-Wing cockpit (Thats the one I'd like to go for next.)