New team member for SW mod. . . and new cockpits!

More
19 years 6 months ago #18256 by Second Chance
Good news everybody. . .

Model work on the Star Wars mod is heating up again. I'm currently trying to bash a bunch of unruly polygons into some semblance of a Mon Calamari cruiser (a real pain, believe me). And a lightwave modeler named Inamo from the Atari forums has joined the team and will be doing custom cockpits for the new ships. Yay!

Here's a quick pic of a potentially new view from the pilot's seat of a Tie Fighter/Bomber/Interceptor (from Inamo's site).

Inamo's a pretty busy guy in RL, but he has agreed to do all the necessary cockpits. As well as any additional ships we might need.

Yeah, yeah, we all know how much I complain about wanting to do all the models myself. But this mod has grown into something pretty big and pretty cool, and I no longer feel like I have the right to hold it up because I can't get all the 3D work done in a reasonable amount of time. So I'm learning to share ;). Inamo looks to be pretty skilled, so it makes letting go a little easier.

I'll post some pics of the Mon Cal cruiser work within the next day or two.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #11757 by MajorTom
Yay! Cool! Reinforcement is just what we need! :D

Welcome aboard Inamo! We'll get you set up with the dev. version of the mod for testing asap.

The Tie cockpit looks very interesting. I can hardly wait to try it out :p

And, also a remarkable and admirable adjustment on your part Second Chance, to let go and share some of the work! ;)
Good going! That should help us get done sooner and the community will certainly be thankful.

I'm looking forward to the Mon Calamari cruiser design too :p
It, together with the new cockpits will be key to our success!

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 6 months ago #11765 by thejester
Hello, I am Inamo, thejester, what have you. I tend to go by thejester but my name on the EoC forums in quite old so.
As mentioned previously I keep a semi regular update going on my site mangostrawberry.blogspot.com.
Not much else to say, I hope I do justice to your work, it seems like you guys have a tight group who are very serious and committed. I'm not a serious person but I definatly am all about a well made Star Wars game :) Rock on.