Docking issues

More
19 years 9 months ago #11134 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Docking issues
Observations: Hawk had probs with docking in team cargohunt map - it was running through the dockport until F5 and F8 again. Sometimes I had to do this procedure twice.
I guess this shows the problem is on the base-side as long as the Hawk's dockport is original EoC?
On team assault map neither Hawk nor Truck were docking properly to the SD. How do the ships decide which dockport to take?
The ships do only dock backwards relativ to SD direction. Undocking and simply redocking works fine. After undocking and turning the ship 90° on z-axis the alignement doesn't work and the ship starts to dance around the SD.
The Truck seems to do the job better.
Is it possible to mix the dockport-orientataion in the SD bay? Maybe this would show some better results?

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11137 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Docking issues
I could arrange each dockport with a slightly different angle if you think that would help.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #11184 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Docking issues

Originally posted by Tarcoon

Observations: Hawk had probs with docking in team cargohunt map -
On team assault map neither Hawk nor Truck were docking properly to the SD. How do the ships decide which dockport to take?

Thanks a lot for all the testing work.

The ships decide randomly for any dockport that is avaliable (nothing else is docked) and is compatible. (you can't dock a ship to a cargo only port)

The Hawk has acceleration values that are even higher than the SW ships, so I dunno if thats a good test object. I'll try a roll back to the older mods like what_rocksv2 or EpicOnline for a test, just to be sure.

If they don't dock in the SD bay I wouldn't be suprised as that could be a size issue too.

I couldn't work on this today as I wanted due to a wierd system crash on my PC with the compiler and scripts (and my eMail [:(] )

The last CD-Backup I did was 2 weeks ago, so I've spent a good part of the day backing up everything on a spare HDD (using DOS!) before I do a system repair.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site