Salt Lake Base WIP

More
20 years 2 months ago #17979 by Nesen Rensc
Well, Ive started my model for the Commonwealth Naval Station Salt Lake, and its coming along nicely. Ive had to guess at a lot of the measurements, but I feel its fairly close. ...I dont see a way to upload the pic I have so far straight from the Hard drive to here, it looks like it needs to be a link. In which case, Ill be posting it on another forum and linking this thread to that one. Hopefully Ill be able to complete her sometime this week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9146 by Nesen Rensc
Replied by Nesen Rensc on topic Salt Lake Base WIP
Okay, here's the link showing my WIP so far:
www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.p...606180#post268606180
I dont have many sources for it. The one I posted is the best one I have, I managed to get three or four more shots out of the intro movie, but with my 3D card on the fritz, I cant get any more in-game. :( ...and the ones from the intro movie are too dark. :( So, Im managing. Comments?

More
20 years 2 months ago #9147 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Salt Lake Base WIP
Check the galleries here and you'll find some images of Salt Lake.

www.pixel-boy.com/

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 2 months ago #9148 by Nesen Rensc
Very nice! :) Thanks. You are most talented. Did you actually model the I-War stuff, or just do the stills and animation? Im pretty sure Ive got the front mostly figured out now, its just the back part (from the spinning drums back) that I cant seem to find a good reference for. I have a vague idea of how it goes, but I cant tell if its exactly like the front section, or if all 4 of the "perpendicular" spikes are in the same drum. ? Do you know? Thanks again! I hope I do her justice. :)

More
20 years 2 months ago #9149 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Salt Lake Base WIP
I'm sorry... I gave you the wrong idea. That's not my artwork.

(Wish it was...)

That's the site of 'Pixel-boy' a.k.a. Andy Turner, who was the lead 3D modeler and artist for EoC.

I just thought the Salt Lake box-cover reference picture might be helpful.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 2 months ago #9150 by Nesen Rensc
Ah. In either case I thank you. ;)