Generic Patcom

More
20 years 3 months ago #17933 by Shane
Generic Patcom was created by Shane
The latest model; Cormorant asked me to create a more generic version of the I-War Patcom. One which does not feature a dockable comsec, and seemed a little more 'blocky' in form. Here it is:

http://images.snapfish.com/339898%3B523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A2%3B649%3A8ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/339898%3B523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A2%3B649%3B4ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/339898%3B523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A2%3B649%3B9ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/339898%3B523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A2%3B674%3C7ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/339898%3B523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A2%3B674%3C%3Bot1lsi

326 triangular polys.

After surfacing it, I'll send it to you Cormorant. Then I can add some more details and anyone else who wants it can use it in EoC mods.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8663 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Generic Patcom
This is nice! Is the bridge the flattened shape on the dorsal surface, or the reddish indent at the very front? If the latter, the window might be too big for the scale (you just might want to double check scale and window size is all). Its somehow kind of spooky and dangerous looking. Maybe it's the downward-hanging wing-slung weapons pods that give it a Klingon kind of feel. Have you tried a variant with a munitions dispenser box on the upper AND lower surfaces of the arms? This is yet another great product from the Shane shipyards! Cool!

--
Hot4Darmat

More
20 years 3 months ago #8669 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Generic Patcom
Hhm - doesn't it look a bit like a strange skull with lipstick on?

It looks dangerous but the frontview seems to be a bit "female".

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 3 months ago #8671 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic Generic Patcom
I would smooth it up a bit, and perhaps make it a little less boxy and a little more 'predatory'. AS in i would a few things around to give it a more streamlined shape

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
20 years 3 months ago #8674 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Generic Patcom
Damn you Tarcoon!!!! :p:D:D:D

I, of course, did not realize the pasties, window, and hull details made a face. Now I can't even look at it without seeing the skull. Glad you caught that. :D

I shall remove them immediately. ;)

I would smooth it up a bit, and perhaps make it a little less boxy and a little more 'predatory'. AS in i would a few things around to give it a more streamlined shape

The whole point of this model was to make a more primative model of the patcom... something the player would have to suffer with until he got the real thing.

It's supposed to look boxy. :D But I don't know... Cormorant hasn't posted in on it. He may not like it (translation: I can then change it about as I like. ;)).

the window might be too big for the scale

It's about 75% smaller than a regular patcom, but you're right... I'll check the scale.

Maybe it's the downward-hanging wing-slung weapons pods that give it a Klingon kind of feel.

Strange that you mention that. When building it, I started with the main body and then added the weapon pylons. With no rear engine created, it forceably reminded me of the Reliant (Miranda class) from ST, though I can't say why. :) The Mirandas had warp engines which extended downward from the circular hull while these extend outward... but still, I couldn't shake the Reliant impression.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 3 months ago #8689 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Generic Patcom
;)
Sorry for that skull-theme, and you are right, without engine section it reminds the Reliant. But if you compare ( www.m-nomura.com/st/images/reliant.jpg )- the imagination fools us a bit.
The warp gondolas are under the saucer section.
It's maybe that "three corpus" design.

Ididn't understand: the ship or the frontwindow is 75% smaller?

There is no safe distance