newbie...

More
20 years 3 months ago #17905 by Benji
newbie... was created by Benji
Hey! i'm new to the game (just bought it) and it's great! I'm just wondering whether I'm to late and the community already died out...
And while the game looks great, it could use a few extra poly's here and there, did anybody bother to make some hi-poly moddels?
tnx!

b
e
n
j
i

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8452 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic newbie...
welcome to the forum benji,

as you can see the community is not totally dead, there's still alot of us here posting, and work on epic will continue until god knows when, but aside from the obvious points, i think what makes this a truly great game is the fact that after youve beaten the hell out of it, you can play again, and again and again, because you can mod the hell out of it and make it new all over!;)

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 3 months ago #8454 by Benji
Replied by Benji on topic newbie...
Really:D sounds good.. so what's this epic, and what kind of mods are out there that are worth installing

More
20 years 3 months ago #8462 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic newbie...
ELITE, IW2 just isnt the same without it.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
20 years 3 months ago #8482 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic newbie...
well, i dont know if id recommend playing your first time through with the elite mod, it kinda tends to mop the floor with your ass, but its fun after youve played through the game once or twice. the game was difficult enough at certain points.

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 3 months ago #8485 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic newbie...
Agreed, play through the game once first before diving into Elite.

Must have mods for game run through: Multimod, Jafs mod (give him a Venice-class freighter at least), location finder and assoc. UniGUI stuff, maybe the 'tug fixed', 'walkthrough', or the 'crosshair' mods as well.

Just don't use too many mods when you're playing through...they can sometimes break mission scripting, leaving you stuck and having to restart the game. Oh, and in case that happens, there are savegames available for download, but they're someone else's...so all that inventory you worked so hard to acquire will be gone and you'll be looking at someone else' pirating booty.

--
Hot4Darmat