Machete Freighter

More
20 years 4 months ago #8330 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Machete Freighter
Here's the scale of the Machete.
http://images.snapfish.com/3396849523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E2323492%3A685%3A3ot1lsi

The megapod won't really work on it (without scaling the ship up to megafreighter size). Pushing a megapod on the front of the craft wouldn't work either; the pod's dockports are on the narrow end of the pod, and if another dockport is placed on the megapod sims, the cargo-generation section of the traffic scripts is libel to go haywire.

Varied the geometry in the rear and managed to drop about 300 polys in the process. Also dumped the shuttles.
http://images.snapfish.com/3396849523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E2323492%3A685%3A7ot1lsi
http://images.snapfish.com/3396849523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E2323492%3A6%3B%3B%3B7ot1lsi

Hot4: I'll see about getting either the Terrapin or the Frigate model posted this weekend.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8331 by Sivadrake
Replied by Sivadrake on topic Machete Freighter
shane, if you would could you send me the terrapin in a couple of different pieces? im dying to try it (im a puffin fan anyways) i would appreciate it greatly

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 4 months ago #8332 by Shane
I will, but there's a problem with the Terrapin. Well, a few problems. ;)

One I can't bypass; The player version of the Terrapin uses mountpoints. Since there is no mountpoint dedicated to missiles, I'm stuck with using a medium_internal_weapon_mount so the player can place a twinpack, quadpack, etc. at that location. Problem is that the medium_internal_weapon_mount also accepts cannons. It looks pretty strange when cannon fire erupts from the missile ports. But this is not a major problem.

The other problem I consider major. The Terrapin was my first model. I blundered my way about the Lightwave interface through the entire thing. So I was inexperienced enough that my mesh did not always close where it should have. The result; if you take the Terrapin to a place where the background is lighter than the ship's hull (i.e., the Effrit) you can see a slight line of light shining through the gap between polys in some places.

In addition, the textures are large and numerous. The file size should not be the size it is. I did not (at the time) know how to manage my textures.

Eventually I'll strip her down and rebuild the model, fixing all the problems.

But if you don't mind these errors, I'd be happy to send the ship to you. I'll start sending tonight.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 4 months ago #8333 by Sivadrake
sounds great to me, i can deal with a few little bugs, i had the same problem with the missile mounts, so i, as you, used medium_internal_weapon_mount, but, if you want a dedicated missile mag you could just place it directly(albeit, unchangeable in the loadout screen)with something like this one, subsims/systems/nonplayer/nps_missile_boat_mag. it fires seeker missiles so thats a plus over just a basic nps_missile_magazine, which only fires basic missiles. but hell yeah send away im itching to try the new era puffin:D

More
20 years 4 months ago #8334 by Shane
Sivadrake, could you post your email addy? Or send it to:

shanemaness (at) bellsouth.net

More
20 years 4 months ago #8335 by Sivadrake
sure sorry man, its sacred_and_profane at msn dot com, but the only thing is i can only have 2 megs of info in it at a time so send it in 3 pieces if you will, i will be on my pc all night so i can get them as they come, so theres room for more:D