iwar installation

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #18986 by ataraiym
iwar installation was created by ataraiym
Hi, Ive just upgraded to XP from 2k (yeah I know its already been superceded but it was £40 on offer....) and now when I press install on the launcher it keep telling me to "go to the control panel to install and configure components" well needless to say .. WTF? all my components are installed - WITH the latest drivers etc -

amd 3500 64 bit, 6800x2 sli, 80 gb hdd, x-fi sound card, 2gb corsair, buffalo wireless ethercard - I won't rub it in by telling you what monitor I have :)

the buffalo & xfi is new since my last I-war installation (which worked a treat last time)- everything else is the same.

any suggestions? I would like to play Torn Stars as it looks great.

!(>..<)!

!(>..<)!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #16467 by JT
Replied by JT on topic iwar installation
Vista is a bloated piece of eye candy that serves no useful purpose, so there's no reason to buy anything except Windows XP until Microsoft forces people to upgrade by bedding the companies and denying them DirectX unless they develop for Vista exclusively.

Are you saying that you haven't installed the game yet? It sounds to me as though Windows is complaining for you to run the Add/Remove Programs wizard in your Control Panel instead of using the launcher program directly, for whatever reason. You might try popping in your I-War 2 CD (little tip: hold Shift until your CD-ROM stops spinning to prevent the autoplay menu from appearing) and seeing if you can find the setup.exe or other setup executable manually, bypassing the launcher process.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.