Where did the "Extras" button go?

More
17 years 2 months ago #18972 by Madman
It's been ages since I last played but I figured it was time to give it another run. I start it up and there's no "Extras" button. [:(] I know it used to be there. The game is patched to 14.6, I have a "Mods" folder and there are mods in it, and my flux.ini has mods listed in it......but there's no "Extras" button in the menu. Anybody else ever run into this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16378 by JT
Do you have two or more installs of I-War 2? It's possible you've patched one copy, but that you're running another.

The patching program only patches the very last copy of I-War 2 on your system, as reported by your system registry -- you have to edit your system registry if you want to patch more than one copy, by changing the key in the registry which indicates the folder that the game is in. I can't quite remember the details.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16379 by Madman
Nope, just one install.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16380 by JT
Hm! Stumps me, then... have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch? (You may want to wait to see if anyone else had the same problem before, though bear in mind this site gets about as much traffic as the North Pole in December. ;-))

More
17 years 2 months ago #16381 by Madman
Thanks anyway JT! I'll probably just uninstall then re-install. I'll post it up over on the Atari forums as well.....just to see it anybody's ever run into this.