file I can't install the 14.6 patch

More
17 years 6 months ago #15478 by Canute
different folders dont work, i did once a dual instalation in a few folder, but to get it to work i need to change the registry the default path and verstion info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15480 by Canute
i dont remember the path in the registry and i dont got EoC installed at moment.
Best is open the Regedit.exe and select search from the menu.
Search for your installed path. example "c:\games\EoC"
At this way you should find the EoC entry at the Regestry, and when you see a Value 14.6 just change it back to 10.0 and the patch should work.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15482 by Joonas McKall
I've ran Regedit and search for my current iw2 folder, and it doesn't show any results at all. What the hell is happening? Thank you again for your patience!

More
17 years 6 months ago #15483 by Shingen

Originally posted by Joonas McKall

I've ran Regedit and search for my current iw2 folder, and it doesn't show any results at all. What the hell is happening? Thank you again for your patience!

OK, go back into regedit and look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Go into the SOFTWARE folder and find the Particle Systems/Edge of Chaos/settings folder.

Right-click on the version file and modify. Change the e(14) in the field to an a(10).

Repatch the game.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15484 by Joonas McKall
Spelndid! It finally work! Thank you to all. See ya out there.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15519 by Silverspec
I posted somthing else about the no menu display problem. And i still haven't got any help and since this is thelast place someone posted on i was wondering if any1 could help beacause i cant install the patch without that happening. Please some1 help.:(![}:)]