Crash (loader.exe) when a character video plays

More
18 years 7 months ago #18539 by Cyro
Hello :)

First, excuse my bad english, it's not my first language.

My configuration :
- ATI Radeon 9700P, last drivers
- P4 2ghZ
- 1go DDR
- Windows XP Pro

So I ever played the game, far from I am today (alway the Act 1) and I have a problem I'd never encountered before on the last years.
On the left upper corner, we have the AMF (in my language), a screen where appears a video when a ship or a character speaks ; well, sometime (1/3) when this video is launching, paf, freeze, and crash. Win XP displays a window "loader.exe" blablabla.

- I have the F14.6 version
- I have the Jackson's Yard patch
- I have some mods (crosshair, freemode...)
- I have all graphic options on top, and 1024*768.32bits
- I have the game bought but use a no-cd (so movies copied and .dll modified).

And so
- I put the options on mini
- I disabled the mods
- I played with cd
- I reinstalled and played without patches with my save

On all of this points, it SEEMS (but I'm not sure, not tested enough) that the only points where the game no crash, is without the patch, the F14.6.

But as I said I ever played until Act3 some years ago, on XP, without this problem !
So have you an idea ?

Oh, I ever deleted the /images/planets, too, as I read here for a launching problem. I can lauch now, but..

Please help me, dear co-fans, you're my only hope now.. [xx(]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13607 by anticasper
Hi I have the exact same problem a crash at the moment when there is voice acting to be started.

When you disable sound in the flux.ini the game does not crash i have tried various fixes listed on this site and the technical forum as in replacing codecs and stuff, but until now this hasnt fixed the rpoblem for me :(

It is very strange because i have been playing this game for a couple of days fine, until suddenly this error crept in.

Afaik i have not made any major changes to my system config whatsoever.

It's such a shame this game isnt officialy supported anymore, since it is still one of the best space combat games around in my humble opinion.

Hopefully Ill be able to find a fix., and please any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13608 by anticasper
I think I might have found teh culprit, in my case this was a small program called tfmaudio filter, which I used to boost sound in divx movies.

Deinstalled that and for the moment I seem to be running eoc fine.

Maybe this information is of use to people having the same problem.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13609 by SoupDragon
Cyro, try here: www.i-war2.com/faqs_4.htm . Fix for the speech problems in Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos under 2K/XP

More
18 years 7 months ago #13625 by Cyro
Thanks for answers :) Since I reinstalled Windows, the game is working fine now ^^