Odd bugs in Dagda?

More
18 years 10 months ago #18454 by lazybratsche
I've been recently suffering from a very odd bug. Reading through just about every forum post available, I think someone had something like this before, but they didn't get an answer. Basically, I'm at the end of act 2, right before the final battle, and am pirating/exploring/poking around in places where I'm not supposed to be... mostly Dagda, to steal corperate neutronium. First, around stations in Dagda there are flickering, intermittent contacts, sometimes hostile, sometimes not. This is minor. The other issue is fatal. It's hard to explain, but suddenly the camara will lock to one of the spatial axes and stay in place, and as far as I can tell bits of my ship dissappear. The camera won't move, but the ship is still mostly controllable... the motion grid lines are still visible and change according to how my ship is moving. Unfortunately at this point, I can't auto-dock back to base to get out of this, nor can I use autopilot to fly through lagrange points and get home that way.
Also, things start become progressively more choppy... task manager tells me that "autoloader.exe" starts eating up all available memory and pagefile space. Very bizarre.

I'm greatly thankful of anyone who reads this and attempts to answer, given that this forum seems to be dead...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13084 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Odd bugs in Dagda?
I have experienced a somewhat similar thing (in multiplayer mostly). The ship suddenly won't rotate, although it will fly in any direction using it's thrusters (as indicated by the HUD lines). Bits of ships either disappear or become gigantic and completely distorted, as well as a multitude of other graphical defects.

Turns out it was, of course, driver related. I thought I was using nVidia drivers that were old enough, but I had to go back even further. I'm now using the oldest WHQL certified drivers in Nvidia's archive (Detonator XP 29.42). But everything works really well now, and my old GeForce2 doesn't use any new driver features anyway.

If you have an nVidia card, this is almost certainly your problem.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 9 months ago #13267 by dsoden
Replied by dsoden on topic Odd bugs in Dagda?
Does anyone have any ideas to try and fix this without going back to old drivers? So far this has only happened to me in Dagda, but it's happened every time I go there within a few minutes.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13481 by Hendar23
Replied by Hendar23 on topic Odd bugs in Dagda?
I now have to use four different drivers for my NVIDA GeForce4 MX card depending on what game I want to play. Very annoying.

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

There is no enemy. Anywhere.