Screen tearing with DX9(b,c)

More
19 years 8 months ago #18207 by creeper
I have been playing IW2 for a week or so now and just started having screen tears. I had updated from DX9b to 9c two days ago and then upgraded my vid driver (nvidia 71.76 to 71.77). After upgrading the vid driver I started noticing the problem. I rolled back the driver and installed 61.76 again, but I'm still getting tears. I went as far as to uninstall DX9 and go back to my original DX from my OS CD. That was the only thing that fixed the tearing problem (it went back to DX5).

With DX9c- members.cox.net/dsteusel/iw2/hanger_dx9c.jpg

With DX5- members.cox.net/dsteusel/iw2/hanger_dx5.jpg

Just wondering if anyone else is having any problems with the new Nvidfia drivers or DX9c?

I have a Gforce 4 TI 4200.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 8 months ago #11394 by snail112
I can't see the differince between the two. Can you please tell me where to look?

I have the problem that the game freeze/crash after installing dx 9. Is there a fix for this?

More
19 years 8 months ago #11397 by creeper
back of the hanger, triangle on right side. It doesn't just look like that, the triangles and textures flicker all over the place. Second pic is of the hanger like it should look with no triangles or misplaced textures.

Somehow the problem fixed itself[:0]. I reinstalled DX9b but the problem was still there, couldn't stand not playing so I played anyways. Yesterday it cleared up and haven't had a problem since.

As far as the freeze/crash, Make sure you are within the recommended specs, get the latest driver for your vid card, defrag, and if that doesn't help try reinstalling. If you get any errors post em in the forum, maybe someone else that has that problem or knows about the error can help.:D

I'm quite new to the game, only had it for about a week or so.

More
19 years 8 months ago #11409 by jumbo
Replied by jumbo on topic Screen tearing with DX9(b,c)
The tearing is often cause by V-sync being turned off new drivers have a habit of doing this.

<font color=gold>[wide beam,Marain clear.tra. @4.28.891.7393+]</font id=gold>
xGCU Grey Area
oGSV Sleeper Service
It's all right. Goodbye and farewell.

<font color="gold">[wide beam,Marain clear.tra. @4.28.891.7393+]</font id="gold">
xGCU Grey Area
oGSV Sleeper Service
<b>It's all right. Goodbye and farewell.</b>