Keyboard, R

As does this:

[icPlayerPilot.SubTarget]
Keyboard, T, inverse

But the following keybinding is fubar:

Keyboard, R
Keyboard, T, inverse

I have tried every conceivable permutation of the tag and ordering of the bindings. In every case the "inverse" blocks the standard, non-inverted key: the "Keyboard, T, inverse" command causes the "R" key to do nothing!

What am I doing wrong? I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing works. I've even tried this:

Keyboard, R

Keyboard, T, inverse

but to no avail. I've tried making "inverse" all-caps, I've tried listing "Keyboard, R" twice (once in front and once behind the inverse T), I've tried everything I can think of to get the parser to accept my key bindings, but there's some detail I must be missing, something I must be doing wrong, because the key just won't bind.

Can anyone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8433 by Sivadrake
why do you need 2 sub target keys? i always left mine on the y key i think

"Faith lies in the ways of sin"

"Dust to dust we're wired into sadness"

More
20 years 3 months ago #8435 by Tarcoon
There are already three subtarget keybindings available with default configuration:

Y = SubTarget
T = TargetNearestEnemyToDirection
JoyButton2 = TargetNearestEnemyToDirection

Within 5000 m all three work like "SubTarget"

Guess UglyAngel wants to cycle through subtargets "up" and "down".
I didn't try that, but maybe "inverse" is the wrong command.

Is it possible to change that "SubTarget" command?
How about "CycleSubTargetUp" (G) and "CycleSubTargetDown" (H)?
Or a combination: "CycleSubTarget"
Keyboard, H
Keyboard, G, inverse

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 3 months ago #8446 by UglyAngel
Here's an exercise for you: scan a freighter's cargo, then target its thrusters.

Now tell me there's no reason to have 2 subtarget keys! ;)

More
20 years 3 months ago #8447 by UglyAngel
More specifically: once I confirm that a freighter contains cargo I want, I want to target its thrusters. I am forced for lack of keybinding expertise (or a bug in the keybinding parser) to cycle through every other cargo pod and subtarget until I wrap around and get back to thrusters.

It would be much simpler if I could figure out how to get both subtarget keys working together, for then I could simply back up from the cargo pods to the thrusters, and if I'm paying particularly good attention I will have "kept count" from thruster subtarget so I know exactly how many keypresses will get me back to thrusters.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8449 by Phatose
Well, I'm most certain that Inverse will not help in this case - inverse refers to the key/button/axis behavior, not the function itself, so "Keyboard, T, Inverse" would mean that this function is activated whenever T isn't pressed. Since the game doesn't auto repeat targeting unless you press the button again, both the first two would seemingly work the same if you're quickly tapping the keys. The first functions normally, the second however, is a little different - when you press T, you're effectively unpressing T, but when you release it the game considers T as pressed again, and you see the next target.

Thus, the third binding doesn't work. Keyboard T inverse means that the targetfunction button is always pressed, so pressing R changes nothing - you go from pressed to pressed, and the game shows no change. If you press T though, the game considers targetfunction to be released, and then when you release the key, it goes back into it's pressed state, and you see a target change: That is the behavior you're seeing, right?

Sadly, I don't know of a command binding for cycling through subtargets in reverse. My solution would simple be to quickly select next target in list, then previous target in list. That should send you back to the original target with no sub-systems targeting, meaning you can get to the thrusters without a full cycle through the cargo.

Might I suggest trying binding Keyboard T to both select next target in list and select previous target? The functions should essentially nullify each other and end up functioning as a deselect-subsystems keys. I can't confirm this though, as I've never actually done it and I-war isn't nstalled just now.